Midwest meet!!!!!!!!!!

jdpolzin

Ok, we had a few ideas popping around for this years Midwest Meet. Lets start to document this and get the ball rolling. So, a couple guys have offered to have something at their houses, an idea of Byron, etc. What do you guys think? I know many of the Chicago boys are scared to drive their cars:biggrin: but I'm open to having it outside of Chicago as well. Let's hear it boys.......what do you want to do?????? -----Jeremy

Just some thoughts if it helps.
US41?
Oak Park ave train station has gotten to be a popular spot on Friday evenings. Not sure if they are organizing that location again for it, but there is a lot of room there.
Not sure if the Blue top is a hot spot anymore.
I'm not sure what it takes to get into The autobahn country club without being a member. But that place is awesome.

My vote would be Byron's for the simple fact it would make it easy for Iowa,wisc and chicago guys to attend.We can also have 2 events like last year.From chicago byron is about 1.5 hour drive.

Byron isnt bad. I like the idea. I do think we need to have another type of get together though. When I originally started the Midwest Meets, the whole point was to have a picnic, a time to check out each others cars, and then cruise somwhere together as a group. Meeting up in Byron is pretty much just a race day. I liked when RobG and Dwall jumped in last year so we had both events. Racedays arent really family oriented like the picnics are. And most guys trailor their cars to the track. So if we can continue to do both, we'll have the best of both worlds.

what about the Forrest preserves. they are all over and usually have plenty of room especially if we get a permit and have the whole picnic thing. meet up at designated location and take main streets and cruise to where ever we agree on. just throwen it out there.

I liked roiling into a car show and taking it over with a large group of TR. especially in a place where they aren't use to seeing these cars... I know there are a lot of places like that.

im partial to Gateway Int'l .... :wink: but would love to meet up somewhere in the midwest... within a reasonable distance....

What about the Volo idea? Also, in Mundelein, Ill. one Wed a month in the summer is a really big car show ("Park on Park") where they shut down a bunch of streets and there is food everywhere, music, etc...as well as local establishments. You see all kinds of really nice muscle cars there...not many GNs though...:wink:

What about the Volo idea? Also, in Mundelein, Ill. one Wed a month in the summer is a really big car show ("Park on Park") where they shut down a bunch of streets and there is food everywhere, music, etc...as well as local establishments. You see all kinds of really nice muscle cars there...not many GNs though...:wink:

the problem with having it on wed many won't show up,the majority of the guys live 1 to 4 hours from volo.By having it on the weekend it would bring a much bigger turnout:biggrin:

I think we should have something in the middle not to far from each state

My vote would be Byron's for the simple fact it would make it easy for Iowa,wisc and chicago guys to attend.We can also have 2 events like last year.From chicago byron is about 1.5 hour drive.

Went to Byron last year...............it's only 5-1/2 hours for me........:frown:

Byron isnt bad. I like the idea. I do think we need to have another type of get together though. When I originally started the Midwest Meets, the whole point was to have a picnic, a time to check out each others cars, and then cruise somwhere together as a group. Meeting up in Byron is pretty much just a race day. I liked when RobG and Dwall jumped in last year so we had both events. Racedays arent really family oriented like the picnics are. And most guys trailor their cars to the track. So if we can continue to do both, we'll have the best of both worlds.

Bingo.

from the way i took it he wants to do it just the Buick guys getting together going for a nice cruise then back to a picnic type setting where the kids can play games, maybe some softball,a couple BBQ's going stuff like that. meeting at a track like he said is just like a race day. showing up to a car show to overwhelm is not going to allow us the picnic type setting he seems to be leaning towards. like i said if we find a big preserve and get a permit for the shelter most you can park on the grass and get some killer photo's, what else could you want

works for me,
just make sure i have a wheelchair waiting for me when i'm done:cool:

Im just a little partial to Byron. For just a cruise in, my vote is for Busse woods. Just check the dates so as they dont coinside w/ a Summit Super Series race at Byron and I'll be there.

Craig