2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi

I eat Z06,

I know what you're saying but have a chip on both shoulders regarding Japanese imports. I grew up during the gas crisis in the Motor City and saw the influx of Jap cars destroy the economy in Michigan and directly affect my family. They may be wonderful cars and can do blah, blah, blah better than any American ride but I'll NEVER own one or ride in one. Call it what you will, fair or unfair but in my opinion anything from Japan IS RICE! Anyone seen Flint Michigan lately? When your entire family is employed by GM, Jap imports are a sore topic.

Originally posted by TT/A1233
And how much did it cost to get 585hp?? Yup, thought so...:rolleyes: That Talon a daily driver? No....thought so too...

As far as I'm concerned no matter if it has 800hp or 90, if it comes from Japan IT'S RICE!
It cost about the same as buying a Turbo T/A and doing the $500 12 second receipe! You know how good it felt beating a big block "musclecar" with a six cylinder ? It is twice as good with a four! Heck no it's not a daily driver,as most cars on this board! I know I only put about 500 miles a year on the Buick.Oh yeah the Talon was built in Normal Ill.

:eek: My 2002 4dr Sunfire get's better gas milage, will out handle, and out brake both of my Buicks!:(

But in a straight line, it seems to have a problem.:confused:

I eat Z06,

I know what you're saying but have a chip on both shoulders regarding Japanese imports. I grew up during the gas crisis in the Motor City and saw the influx of Jap cars destroy the economy in Michigan and directly affect my family. They may be wonderful cars and can do blah, blah, blah better than any American ride but I'll NEVER own one or ride in one. Call it what you will, fair or unfair but in my opinion anything from Japan IS RICE! Anyone seen Flint Michigan lately? When your entire family is employed by GM, Jap imports are a sore topic.

It's not like the Japanese were sitting over there, masterminding the oil crisis. Their cars gained popularity here because of their economy and reliability and low cost in a time when those points were key and big power wasn't. If anything you should be angry at the OPEC ragheads.

And regardless, just because your family was affected by the oil crisis doesn't mean you have to get on here and talk like a well-educated redneck mulletard who hates imports because they don't have enough torque to tow his house to the next park that'll put up with you. Ever heard of "different strokes for different folks"?

Or how about just giving credit to anything fast? You'd sure sound like a big blubbering ***** if you got beat by an STi or any import and started making weak "well you paid more!" excuses. Be a man, grow some nads, stop being so butthurt.

Personally, I enjoy speed and performance, regardless of the ****ing badge on the hood of the car I'm in.

Originally posted by whiplash306
Ha...funny, but in some ways true. Anchorage huh?....dang, I miss Alaska....I was born in Fairbanks. Haven't been there since '94, so I'm sure lots has changed. A vacation is definately in order for me a few years down the road. The guy responsible for my GN addiction lives in Fairbanks...name is Jack...has an '86, but in poor, poor condt'n....

I was born here, but Juneau is home for me. I'm going back there for the summer, actually! Fairbanks is just a tad too cold for me ;) And Anchorage is...well...the smelly buttcrack of Alaska. I'm just here for school.

Never heard of this Jack fellow, but I do know of a few TBs up there. There's quite a few here in ANC, and at least one TTA.

The sad thing is, the only other GN in Juneau is owned by a cop, so I think when I get back there I'm gonna have Johnny Law saying "Hey, isn't that Buford's car!" and pull me over constantly :(

Dont blame fast imports on Flints depreciation. I know that the city is going bankrupt and looks like sh*t. But that is because the town formed around GM, then there were the strikes and GM pulled out, moved to other cities. Lansing just got its plants overhauled and a new one built west of town. Flint still has the GM truck factory. Michigans economy is on its way back up (finnally). Once again, the Super cars didnt do this, GM exec's and the union did.

Nick

And how much did it cost to get 585hp?? Yup, thought so...:rolleyes: That Talon a daily driver? No....thought so too...

As far as I'm concerned no matter if it has 800hp or 90, if it comes from Japan IT'S RICE!

I just sold my talon and it made near 500whp ,and i had a 75hp wet kit on the car ,and I drove my car everyday. The 4G63 is a really good motor. My car made that much power on a stock 1G long block with the HKS 272/272 cams.

Randy are you saying it cost $500 to make 585 hp OR it cost the price of a TTA ($15000) +$500??

I know for a fact that my old Laser(90) had about 280-300 hp and it cost me PLENTY to get to that level/.. prolly about $4000. The old HKS stuff was EXPENSIVE.. It was fast tho:) 2700 lbs and 300 hp

Originally posted by Randy Greenoe
It cost about the same as buying a Turbo T/A and doing the $500 12 second receipe! You know how good it felt beating a big block "musclecar" with a six cylinder ? It is twice as good with a four! Heck no it's not a daily driver,as most cars on this board! I know I only put about 500 miles a year on the Buick.Oh yeah the Talon was built in Normal Ill.

Originally posted by FlyinGN
Randy are you saying it cost $500 to make 585 hp OR it cost the price of a TTA ($15000) +$500??

I know for a fact that my old Laser(90) had about 280-300 hp and it cost me PLENTY to get to that level/.. prolly about $4000. The old HKS stuff was EXPENSIVE.. It was fast tho:) 2700 lbs and 300 hp
Frank,I wish $500!! No as assine as it sounds we paid $3000 for the car and $13k in mods. so their is 16k total in the car. Yep it is alot of money for a Talon but it's what he wanted,and it is the best of everything!This motor in a lighter car ran 9.62 now we are putting it in a full optioned car . we are hopeful that with the AEM system and some other tweaks to run about the same. But when we first bought the car it ran 12.50 with about $700 in mods.

wow great deal!! I loved my old DSM.. Back in the day it was sooo much more expensive cause all there was was HK$..

Frank,I wish $500!! No as assine as it sounds we paid $3000 for the car and $13k in mods. so their is 16k total in the car. Yep it is alot of money for a Talon but it's what he wanted,and it is the best of everything!This motor in a lighter car ran 9.62 now we are putting it in a full optioned car . we are hopeful that with the AEM system and some other tweaks to run about the same. But when we first bought the car it ran 12.50 with about $700 in mods.

Im just DAMN sick of hearing *ON A BUICK* forum how good a Subaru is.. Don't ya think I own other cars?? Do you see me crowing how fine my other vehicles are on this forum??? no..

There's nothing wrong with praising other cars on this forum.

Afraid of what? A Trans Am with $500 of mods that runs mid 12's?
I don't think so! I am no import god but we got two Buicks and a few Talons and I know I don't want no part of the Talon with either Buick! 585 w.h.p. and allwheel drive no thanks!
Oh no here we go again randy touting his horn about his non streetable car that isn't even completly together.

And he doesn't even know how fast it will run even on race gas because he changed the weight of the car and computer both and now he's trying to pick on someone running 12,s in true street trim :rolleyes:

Really if you want to make a point why don't you put that thing on a diet of 94 octane or lower gas with a full exhaust running a muffler in the new body and see what it will truely run.Before you keep on spouting about how awsome and streetable youre car is!

Lets really compare apples to apples not some hopped up race car with tags.:D

Originally posted by ez at nova
A little OT rant here, but... How about even the GTO?

I wouldn't count that car out just yet...the 5.7 LS1 under the hood is very recptive to mods. Visit www.cartek.net and see what stock bottom end 346 LS1 cars are running. Remember the GTO is close to an F-body in weight.......

wow great deal!! I loved my old DSM.. Back in the day it was sooo much more expensive cause all there was was HK$..

Well that's the problem, you don't need to pay out the ass for all that HKS crap!

Originally posted by onefastjackass
Oh no here we go again randy touting his horn about his non streetable car that isn't even completly together.

And he doesn't even know how fast it will run even on race gas because he changed the weight of the car and computer both and now he's trying to pick on someone running 12,s in true street trim :rolleyes:

Really if you want to make a point why don't you put that thing on a diet of 94 octane or lower gas with a full exhaust running a muffler in the new body and see what it will truely run.Before you keep on spouting about how awsome and streetable youre car is!

Lets really compare apples to apples not some hopped up race car with tags.:D
Who am I picking on? You were the one that started the crap the last time and now your pitiful .02 again.This is a street car with a full exhaust and a muffler and will pass emissions. You and 94 octane I don't run 94 in my Buick does that make that a race car also?

You come on a discussion about an sti kill and start mouthing off about youre dsm like somhow it equates to a sti disscussion.

You think that somehow a dsm with 13000 in mod's. That can only run race gas, has no muffler.Is somhow relevent to a sti discussion.Or a guys comment about with a few hundered dollars in mods that he wouldn't be afraid of an STI.

And try to somehow equate the two.Personally I just think you like talking about how fast you're dsm is.

No matter what foriegn car the discussion is about you are gonna use it as another excuse to talk about youre car and how fast it is.

Yes randy with $13000 in mods and running race fuel and no mufflers most cars can run nines.And most can even keep the plates on them.

Once again I give you credit for doing it with another brand then just the same old chevy thing.But please quite trying to compare apples to oranges and compare Apples to apples.And somehow stick to the disscussion.

You come on a discussion about an sti kill and start mouthing off about youre dsm like somhow it equates to a sti disscussion.

You think that somehow a dsm with 13000 in mod's. That can only run race gas, has no muffler.Is somhow relevent to a sti discussion.Or a guys comment about with a few hundered dollars in mods that he wouldn't be afraid of an STI.

And try to somehow equate the two.Personally I just think you like talking about how fast you're dsm is.

No matter what foriegn car the discussion is about you are gonna use it as another excuse to talk about youre car and how fast it is.

Yes randy with $13000 in mods and running race fuel and no mufflers most cars can run nines.And most can even keep the plates on them.

Once again I give you credit for doing it with another brand then just the same old chevy thing.But please quite trying to compare apples to oranges and compare Apples to apples.And somehow stick to the disscussion.
The way it got started was someone stated that a TTA with $500 in mods would waste any Jap Ricer! You no what I am tired of arguing with you! We went through all this crap several months ago! Read the post before you come on here making accusations! You have the knack for brining the worst out in me.

I don't see you jumping all over the guy who uses every post about ANY other car as an opportunity to talk about how a TTA with xxx in mods will smoke xxx car. Because he came in with his TTA > All arguement, Randy was pretty much given the greenlight to show how his TTA arguement was crap. And he does have a point.