2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi

Holy smoke this post it getting funny. Here I am getting all emotional over the issue of rice vs domestic. I tell ya, this is why I dump so much money into my 87 GN ;) ;) ;)

Rock on, time to go eat some Z06's for dinner !

Social you seem a little misinformed. Whos JDM STi is making that kind of power. The fastest Subarus in the world areen't making that power (see easy street and tony in AU)

A Subaru can not be held in the same light as a GTR.. sorry the rb26 has made 1600HP, NO subaru has or will make that kind of power. On the track the GTR will also own the Scobby.

Just like a 1000HP GN isn't a street car (daily driver) neither is a 500HP subaru... (if you deny this we know your a troll).

Yes the STi is a great car, yes the GN is a great car. Apples and Oranges.

Catch me at the track, I'll show you how misinformed I am. For now, believe what you want. I've spent 4 years, serving overseas in Japan (US Navy) watching half this s**t unfold. Skylines and Subaru's alone, were making sick power in ranges people doubt, even today.

Actually there are a few daily driven ESX 740's around. One was on the cover of Modified Magazine or Turbo Magazine a few months back. Of course a ESX 740 is set up different than ESX's drag car. There is also a GC8 (or older) WRX from/in Aussie that is in the 8's. Dosnt matter what car your in, that is fast.

Nick

Anyone in the Import informed world knows about the Scooby's from rigoli (8.81 @ 154mph) ESX, JUN, and the like.

"but just recently purchased a silver 04 WRX STi"

"Ummm, this thing rocks, has potentional and pushing 300 hp @ the crank ? Not bad at all"

Lets look at these two statements you made in the same post. Hmmm you have an 04 STi and it has to potent ional to make 300CHP???

Misinformed.. you.. never... :rolleyes:

"Japan just put togeter a 720 @ crank, about a 20% driveline loss 575 HP WRX Sti ... that'll knock the socks off, even the meanest Skylines"

While I don't deny that Subaru’s are making this kind of power, they are not anywhere near what skylines are doing, on the dyno, on the drags, or on the tarmac.

misinformed... you.. never... :rolleyes:

"Granted, may no smoke your 1050+ HP GN, but you won't be driving an 1000 HP GN on the street either, to work"

How many Subaru’s do you know that have 700+CHP that can be daily driven??? I wont say never.....

Your posts seem to be lacking some basic Subaru knowledge that’s all I am saying.

2000wrx is right, my #'s were totally off. I take back my comments about the WRX in Japan hitting that kind of #. It's a rumor or two, I actually heard from people here and there. As for actually being there, or my credibility - everything else is valid. I actually own an 04 Sti which I meant to say hits the advertsied HP rating. My 87 GN is not streetable, currently going in for surgery and my 01 Z06 hit 448 RWHP SAE, and ran 11.20's @ 126 MPH. This you can see here www.cartek.net. Again, I'll be the man here and try and straighen some BS out, but I will tell you guys this .... When in Japan, protecting maniacs like 2000wrx :) -- I did see SkyLines & Supras hit big HP #'s, and that was 5 years ago.

when did I say anything about Subarus, Supras, or Nismo's not making CRAZY numbers. I have been into imports for long enough to not be a 2F2F band wagon jumper.

At what point did I say anything about your service, to throw that in my face is just sad. I am greatful for all the men and women who serve, who give there blood and sweat for my freedoms. So don't try to play me off like some anti-(whatever).

You through out a bunch of info. I called you on it. You got all bent out of shape. Learn to communicate before you spout off next time.

I think most of us can agree:

STi = badarse
GTR=badarse
MKIV=badarse
GN=badarse

Dude, I never said you were anti-war ... I put a freakin' smiley face after your nickname. Enough is enough, I'm done ... this is completely dumb, I've already fessed up and I'll be a man about it - get the topic back on track.

KK SRY.... I get used to the NASIOC board... they can be quite brutal.. lol

we all agree Japan has some wicked stuff.... maybe someday my lil scooby will be fast.... and not breaky :D

Oh BTW.... Nice purschase (STi)... U suck :)

Well, I only read the 1st page of posts, but what I can say is...if there were a scanmaster on this thread, it would read 80 deg. of "retard". Anyone that slams the STi is only showing their own retardation. I've owned 5 Turbo Regals, and am now on my 2nd STi. The STi is a phenomenal car - was voted "most fun to drive" by some major car mag. It's #1 in reliability, with only 9 complaints per thou.

I've got a stage II package (exhaust, engine management, CAI) + headers on mine, and have about 380 CHP, and ~400 ft. lbs torque (93 octane). Adding a bigger turbo and injectors and it'll have close to 400 WHP.

Yes, it's a totally different animal to the GN, but it's EXTREMELY fun to drive, and is a hell of a lot better built overall, not to mention the phenomenal handling (well, I've got Cobb sway bars, and STi "Pinks"; upgraded coil springs).

That said, my 500 chp GN will obviously take it in the 1/4. But if someone came to me and demanded at gunpoint that I choose one car for him to theiverize, and I could keep the other, he'd be driving away in the GN, no brainer. I absolutely f'ing LOVE my STi. I'm 40, and it's the the funnest car I've ever driven.

Those who slam the STi are those who talk from inexperience, and are only showing their insecurity about their GN.

P.S. I bet I'd beat 1/2 the GNs on the road today with my mildly modded STi. I'd be happy to race one for $500 with only exhaust, CAI and a chip change on the same octane.

Oh, and I sure wouldn't want to cruise at 145 mph in a GN without some serious suspension mods.

http://www.rockbottomspas.com/STi1_page.htm

rpk250 said:
I will never understand the import thing. Having owned two LS1 F-bodies and now a GN, I will admit the new imports Evo's and WRX's are quick, but put the same amount of money into each and the larger displacement car will smoke those four bangers. Go to a local track and check out all of the low dollar 70's-80's Novas and Malibus running 10 sec with big and small blocks w/ NOS. I threw a bunch of money at my brand new Ls1 Camaro and got it into the 12's. Then bought my GN, bone stock, for 11500 put about 2500$ into it and it's in the 11's. How much do those new Evo's and WRX's cost?

The thing to remmeber with imports is I drive my car daily in the summer, autocross it, drive to work 90 Miles round trip, and drag the car full interior all on the same 18" BF Goodrich street tires. My car is trapping in the high 130's @ 3400lbs, runs consitent 1.6-1.7 60Ft's and when crusing on the street still gets 25-30Mpg. Don't get me wrong I love Buicks and well be my next project just beware the next time you think your going to beat down a ricer he dosn't start beatin back! :D I think any cars such as Supras/Talons etc that have motors which can pump out from 550Whp to 1000 Whp on stock block deserve respect. I well also say most import cars on the road do not fall into this catagory but alot of these cars are running fairly quickly straight off the show room floor. Once again nice kill!

Its all about torque and thats what kicks you in the @ss when you step on the gas. Thats what so fun about my GN, its a torque monster. Have to replace the driver seat cuz the seat bracket snapped in half! :D

Im sure that if our cars redlined at 7500 instead of slightly over 5k then we would be pumpin out horrific hp numbers as well. Thats the only plus from a jap motor, the high rev ability. Thats why Buicks are 1/4 cars and ricers are top end cars. American muscle is meant for snapin necks and ricers are meant for site-seein on the go.

mikebart101 said:
Its all about torque and thats what kicks you in the @ss when you step on the gas. Thats what so fun about my GN, its a torque monster. Have to replace the driver seat cuz the seat bracket snapped in half! :D

Im sure that if our cars redlined at 7500 instead of slightly over 5k then we would be pumpin out horrific hp numbers as well. Thats the only plus from a jap motor, the high rev ability. Thats why Buicks are 1/4 cars and ricers are top end cars. American muscle is meant for snapin necks and ricers are meant for site-seein on the go.

Once again, another fine example of ignorance talking like an expert.

The STi has 300 ft. lbs of torque stock, and goes up proportionally to the hp with the mods. My STi makes about 400 ft. lbs of torque and builds beautifully in the low rpm range. In fact, I never come close to the 7K redline...the motor rarely sees anything over 6,400 rpms.

I'm more than happy to race a GN in a 1/4 mile race (with comparable mods), or surely any other type you can think of...autocross, rally...

Maybe your extensive knowledge has clogged your brain with the EVO data. It has no low end torque, and develops all its power up top.

Oh, and by the way, the GN needs either a high stall torque convertor, or the stock turbo to produce any power in the low end...so please do not talk about it like it's a big block Chevy. For the most part, the GN has the same characteristics of most other turbo IC'ed motors...

You and your "American muscle" are sure to be humbled by a tiny little ricer in any type of race...so...keep talkin'...

check the date on threads before responding

why the hell did we bring this thread back after over a year??! This thread turned into a ball of **** and a pissing contest a loooong time ago. Let it die already. Geez.