2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi

BTW....the GN IS just a REGAL.
Oh and also, since we are these historic cars on par with the GTO, Cuda, etc....why cant I sell mine for $100k?

That being said
PLEASE let this thread die! We all understand some people like apples, some like oranges, and some like fruit punch....so lets leave it at that.

The 341awhp was on an a awd dyno at Turbo XS. I found a massive boost leak by the BOV about a week later and fixed it. The car boosted 3psi more, so I am guestimating that it proably jumped to over 350awhp w/o the leak. Right now I am looking at a 420awhp STi on 91 and 513awhp on C16.

At the Grand Rapids cruise (mini woodward, I beat up on a charger, style after the 69/70) the guy was pissed. Old muscle hates turbo4's and turbo6's. :D

Nick

ps. the attachments are of the 420/513hp STi.

Attachments

• grotm8.jpg
    grotm8.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 145
  • grotm5.jpg
    grotm5.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 112
Nick: STi looks killer. . debadged. . wingless. . sleeper ahhhh? Would you stop beating up V-8's with Ram Air please. . man you pulled on him (2nd race) and crushed him out of the hole too. See Ya. I bet Mr. WS6 has some respect frot the STi now. . . .cant beat em. . join em :D
The STi might be an Impreza. . just like the GTO was just a mondane tempest. Since the STi is low production. . it will hold value. Hey. . .they ran production in 87 to 20,000GN's. . not 5,000 something like 86. With only app moreless 4,000 04 STi's. . . .its sure to become a collectors item.Welcome to the 300 club. :p

Quick6'n'-K.C. said:
Nice digs towards the GN and from reading your post that your definitely prefer the STI....

I don't see any digs there, I see facts.

The GN's and T's are one trick ponies. They're good at one thing, going fast in a straight line. The handling sucks, they ride like boats, the brakes are garbage, the interior is cheesy. If it wasn't for the hood bulge and beefier tires on nicer wheels, they'd be ugly assed, fast plain 'ol grandpa mobile Regals.
However, everything I just said is what I love about 'em :D

I love my 87GN. .this is my 2nd 87GN. . this one has T-tops though and now 68,000. . bought from orignal owner with 42K. Have window sticker. . nearly fully loaded and was $18,800. .even has carpeted trunk which was phased out ladder half of production.
ps: I like your quote from "Better off Dead" right. .Charles DeMar?

BuikGN87 said:
I love my 87GN. .this is my 2nd 87GN. . this one has T-tops though and now 68,000. . bought from orignal owner with 42K. Have window sticker. . nearly fully loaded and was $18,800. .even has carpeted trunk which was phased out ladder half of production.
ps: I like your quote from "Better off Dead" right. .Charles DeMar?

Yeah, that movie's the best :D

"This is pure snow !!! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?!!! "

"2 dollars. I want my 2 dollars!!!"

Man

sorry for posting on this thread, not to start more trouble. since you are all worried about how the gn handles, how its options were lay'd out, how you cant drive em in the snow, sell yours. This started as a kill by a gn on one of your awd aluminum cans. The gn won. Since you all who own sti's want to talk about 1/4 mile times, and handling, why dont you go do with your sti's :eek: what they were made for. Off roading!, I can bet none of you have ever even pull'd over on the side of the road in the dirt, afraid of getting your low profile tires dirty, or scratching a rim on a pebble. You are all hypocrits, talking 1/4 mile times, and handling, when you even have said, they are awd for a rally car, make up your minds. for 30k, you can buy a stock gn, and build the crap out of it. Yes it would handle like crap still, but it would go in a straight line, and really fast too. There is a limit with your 4 bangers, the 109 block will hold up a long time, to much abuse on the track over and over again if built right. The 87, was a technoligical break through, who else made a 13 sec. turbo v6 in the 80? Besides Porsche, not many. One more thing, if you crash your sti up a pole at 30 mph, what would happen,??? what would happen to the gn,???? your car would be total'd, the gn would need new fenders!!!!!!! idiots.

lieu910 said:
STI = drive it, beat it up and throw it away. I'm sure it's fun, I know they are quick, but in the realm of historic performance car notables, they will never even be a blip on the radar. It's an Impreza for crying out loud, nobody is going to care or remember them in 10 years. I'm happy some here like them and enjoy owning them, and I do not mean to offend those of you who do own them, but comparing them to a GN is silly. The fact that the GN is almost 20 years old and built in a terrible time for the automotive industry as a whole, and is receptive enough to minor modification that it can beat up on STI's is enough of a statement.

Some American muslecars become icons, like the GN has become. You can talk HP per ci and Japaneese quality all you want. Most car guys don't really give a rat's nose and would rather be beat repeatedly with a hammer as opposed to owning a Japaneese tuner. Fast as they may be it only inspires us to up the ante and keep the rice at bay. I'll eat my hat the day I see an Impreza increasing in value and commanding the respect or value a GN does.

You should start eating your hat. Find a more current S202 or the more respected 22B in other countries. You'll be paying a pretty penny for a clean 22B.

http://www.4wdonline.com/Subaru/Impreza/22BSTi.html

Who care's which is faster "stock"... STIs and most of the imports these days are "lame" looking. I wouldn't get caught dead in one. I'll stick to my muscle cars. ;)

Want a stock LC2 That'll....

Knock the socks off any Sube off the line, in the twisties, top end, mileage and so on??... Just slightly mod up a TTA and you're there. I'd say only your cars that can take a TTA in all these catagories are $60 g +. If you haven't driven a TTA to it's extreme on a twistie track with all that torque you havne't lived yet.....

TT/A1233 said:
Knock the socks off any Sube off the line, in the twisties, top end, mileage and so on??... Just slightly mod up a TTA and you're there. I'd say only your cars that can take a TTA in all these catagories are $60 g +. If you haven't driven a TTA to it's extreme on a twistie track with all that torque you havne't lived yet.....

Yep TTAs are badass. I had one and two GNs. I still own one of my GNs and am now looking for for a daily driver TR. Yep these cars suck so bad I want to drive one everyday. I can't afford a new car but I figured a TR is no big deal to keep running and its easy to work on :wink:

Anyway this crap about a TR not handling well is true, however..they can be made to handle with vettes and the like fairly easy. I have seen a few on the road courses that would impress.

It doesn't cost much to get a GN to skidpad high 8s even high 9s.

Anyway TTAs even take less to mod up in the handling category. Damn I wish I had my old one again :biggrin:

I feel dumber after reading all of the childish banter in this thread. Everyone seems to think that their opinion is the right one, and that anyone who disagrees is an idiot. I wouldn't have traded my GN for an STi, then or now. That certainly doesn't mean that I can't respect the Suby for being a fantastic all-around performance car. Matter of fact, I would take an STi over a TTA any day of the week. Never been a fan of any 80s TA, let alone one that is white/gold with tan interior... regardless of the drivetrain. That certainly doesn't mean that I can't respect the Poncho for being a more advanced GN with serious potential. I think everyone needs to dig the thong out of their crack.

ViciousV6 said:
I feel dumber after reading all of the childish banter in this thread. Everyone seems to think that their opinion is the right one, and that anyone who disagrees is an idiot. I wouldn't have traded my GN for an STi, then or now. That certainly doesn't mean that I can't respect the Suby for being a fantastic all-around performance car. Matter of fact, I would take an STi over a TTA any day of the week. Never been a fan of any 80s TA, let alone one that is white/gold with tan interior... regardless of the drivetrain. That certainly doesn't mean that I can't respect the Poncho for being a more advanced GN with serious potential. I think everyone needs to dig the thong out of their crack.

Ha-Ha :biggrin: Have you ever owned or even ridden in a TTA?? LOL.....@Poncho :rolleyes:

bsdlinux said:
Ha-Ha :biggrin: Have you ever owned or even ridden in a TTA?? LOL.....@Poncho :rolleyes:

Owned? No. Ridden? Yes. Driven? Yes. I guess I'm not quite sure what the joke is. I wouldn't care to own a TTA, and a Pontiac is often referred to as a "Poncho." What's so funny?

I've been in this community for almost ten years, seven of which I spent building and racing my GN. I'm not noob, regardless of what the reset post count may depict. The ultimate driving machine for one may be a cool car that someone else will never want to own. Don't lose any sleep over it.

ViciousV6 said:
Owned? The ultimate driving machine for one may be a cool car that someone else will never want to own.

I agree...I test drove a brand new SS Camaro (with the LS1 motor) last year. Hated it. It might have had power, but I didn't feel comfortable in it, it had poor visibility, and I hated the interior design. It made me feel better about my GN (and now my STi).

Don't be so quick to give up on the GN and its G-Body cousins (Malibu, Grand Prix, Cutlass, etc.) from a handling perspective. They are a solid, full-framed design with a huge array of aftermarket parts available. After some tuning, I got my sedan to handle quite well.

www.maliburacing.com forums are a great place to ask about 78-87 A/G Body cars.

Jim

ViciousV6 said:
Owned? No. Ridden? Yes. Driven? Yes. I guess I'm not quite sure what the joke is. I wouldn't care to own a TTA, and a Pontiac is often referred to as a "Poncho." What's so funny?

I've been in this community for almost ten years, seven of which I spent building and racing my GN. I'm not noob, regardless of what the reset post count may depict. The ultimate driving machine for one may be a cool car that someone else will never want to own. Don't lose any sleep over it.

Man Vicious, I see i few things that I am curious about.

1. No one called you a noob. I just asked about the TTA.
2. If you have been in this community for ten years or so then you should
have a thicker skin by now..jeesh
3. Furthermore, maybe the joke is that you sold your GN and kept the Stang..LOL :cool:

Seriously I don't believe anyone here in this thread was touting the TTA as the best car or anything along those lines, but it does deserve a mention and since you been around for a while should know that the car is no regular 80s TA and some pretty fast times have been put up by these cars even stock, faster than a stock GN. The reason I liked my TTA is that the previous owner de-badged it and it was a sleeper. More so than a GN. Hell the GN is still all black and even the Turbo-Ts stand out to people around here.

Hell if you want a Buick Turbo and something that handles then do what my buddy did and put a GN drivetrain in a 280 Z..LOL even lighter than the STI and I doubt most drivers could hang with him in the twisties.

Oh yeah did I say I like the STI as well ;)

DeltaT said:
Don't be so quick to give up on the GN and its G-Body cousins (Malibu, Grand Prix, Cutlass, etc.) from a handling perspective. They are a solid, full-framed design with a huge array of aftermarket parts available. After some tuning, I got my sedan to handle quite well.

www.maliburacing.com forums are a great place to ask about 78-87 A/G Body cars.

Jim

Yeah Jim you are right. I was trying to make that point earlier. G-Bodies can and will handle very well with the right setup and parts. It doesn't take that much.

we all have opinions and thats all they are...

I have owned many cars in my life but nothing compares like my turbo buick.And I love the looks and all the thumbs up I get when Im in it..Plus the other upside is its fast as hell....

bsdlinux said:
Man Vicious, I see i few things that I am curious about.

1. No one called you a noob. I just asked about the TTA.
2. If you have been in this community for ten years or so then you should
have a thicker skin by now..jeesh
3. Furthermore, maybe the joke is that you sold your GN and kept the Stang..LOL :cool:

Seriously I don't believe anyone here in this thread was touting the TTA as the best car or anything along those lines, but it does deserve a mention and since you been around for a while should know that the car is no regular 80s TA and some pretty fast times have been put up by these cars even stock, faster than a stock GN. The reason I liked my TTA is that the previous owner de-badged it and it was a sleeper. More so than a GN. Hell the GN is still all black and even the Turbo-Ts stand out to people around here.

Hell if you want a Buick Turbo and something that handles then do what my buddy did and put a GN drivetrain in a 280 Z..LOL even lighter than the STI and I doubt most drivers could hang with him in the twisties.

Oh yeah did I say I like the STI as well ;)

My skin is as thick as they come. I only commented due to your use of certain "smiley" icons. A lot of keyboard warriors like to use them as a passive-aggressive attack that they can label as joking when called on it. You're obviously not one of those.

I think the performance and purpose of the TTA was/is awesome. I just have no desire to own one. I've seen one painted black, which helped, but it still wasn't for me. The best TB engine swap that I have seen is the Opal (sp?) that I would always see at Norwalk. Top-notch craftmanship... fast as hell... and the owners were some of the nicest gearheads that I've come across.

Regarding the Stang, it's not going anywhere. The combination of handling, looks, 6spd, and pump gas 10sec power is just too much fun. I will certainly own another GN in the future. I still enjoy helping my father with his 60k mile hardtop.