ZO6/LS1 MAF compatibility..

Turbo6Smackdown

What other vehicles use these mafs? Or are they corvette/f body specific..

Will this maf work?

part number 25168491, or 213-4160. Can we use 'em? Turbofish?

85mm Z06 MAF

What other vehicles use these mafs? Or are they corvette/f body specific..

Will this maf work?

part number 25168491, or 213-4160. Can we use 'em? Turbofish?

If you do a search on this you'll see lots of info. Suggest you search both this board and turbobuicks and also Turbo Tweak as they all contain good info on this subject.

As I understand it, 25168491 has been changed up to, 15904068, 25318411 and AC Delco 213-4160.....they are all the same......have the built in IAT.

Many are for sale on eBay.....just plug in the numbers and you'll find most listings show the range of vehicles these are used for......many are for late model GM trucks, cars and some model years of Corvettes. You can pick one up for under $100.

I've also read that 25341604 / 25328057 / AC Delco 213-1150 do not contain the screen, and will tend to run a touch leaner on our buicks.

These are all 5 pin MAFs, so you'll need an adapter harness from either Caspers or Full Throttle to be able to use these.

dave

I used my 2500HD with 8.1 liter as a starting point for a parts search. This truck comes stock with the Z06 MAF with a screen.

Ahh.. Ok I was right then. I seen the truck maf, and thought that they were the same, but I came here just to confirm. I actually did quite a thorough search on here for mafs, and didn't find what I was looking for... not even close actually :(

And I've always thought that there was no way a screen could not hurt flow, but everyone here says it doesnt... Well then if it doesn't help flow, why do our cars run lean without them??? AHA!!!! I THOUGHT SO!.

Ahh.. Ok I was right then. I seen the truck maf, and thought that they were the same, but I came here just to confirm. I actually did quite a thorough search on here for mafs, and didn't find what I was looking for... not even close actually :(

And I've always thought that there was no way a screen could not hurt flow, but everyone here says it doesnt... Well then if it doesn't help flow, why do our cars run lean without them??? AHA!!!! I THOUGHT SO!.

if you want LS1/LS6 ZO6 MAf without the screen you get it that way ,they make them with and without , the problem starts when you buy MAF WITH SCREEN AND REMOVE IT YOURSELF , THAT SCREWS UP FACTORY CALIBRATION OF THE SENSOR !!! hope this helps :wink:

Yea, I heard... sweet. So where does one find a ZO6 maf calibrated for no screen?

I have tried them all in the past ,the one 85mm with no screen I think came off 2003 ' ZO6 , back then I swaped 85mm with screen for this one without screen and I think I could feel better throttle response with no other changes , does it do anything at the top end ? I doubt it but I never ran it at the race track to prove it right or wrong .

pig tail Z06

does anyone have a pic of the adapter harness. for the Z06 MAF
i have a plug for the z06 maf and want to wire it
to my old ls1 pig tail want to see how the wires are switched. thanks

dont know if this will help you but here goes...
----->
www.fullthrottlespeed.com/itemdesc.asp+CartId+{1CB136C1-DEE9-4425-B22A-95EVERESTBD22E6E777}+ic+05085MMADAPT+eq++Tp+

Z06 MAF Adapter Harness

Just went thru this excercise while installing my LS6/ 85mm Z06 MAF.

Full Throttle has an 5pin plug x 3pin GN socket MAF adapter that will do the trick @ $19.99 Part #05085MMADAPT. (Picture #1)
This adapter does not come with a connection to utilize the built in IAT of the 85mm MAF though, so you must still utilize the factory IAT set up.

Caspers offers an LS1 MAF Adpater 5wire to 3wire late model GM #108100 with Air Temp, so it uses the built in IAT of the 85mm MAF. (Picture #2)

However this harness doesn't mate up to our buicks MAF plug. We need a GN style 3 pin MAF Airflow Mating splice socket on the end of this to work properly.....
You can get this from Caspers too, part #108030 @ $16.95 (picture #3)
Be careful and take note if your going to cut and splice this in yourself as you'll notice that the wires change over when going from the late model GM to GN connections.

or.....you can buy a 3pin late model GM plug x 3pin GN socket MAF Adapter from Full throttle #050BUICKADAPT @ $23.99 (picture #4) and use this to adapt the Caspers harness so it will work....just will have 2 harnesses installed though.

Hope these pictures help you see how the wiring connections are done.

dave

Attachments

• 85mm MAF sensor conversion harness.jpg
    85mm MAF sensor conversion harness.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 794
  • 108100-320.jpg
    108100-320.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 620
  • 3in GN MAF socket.jpg
    3in GN MAF socket.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 554
  • 050BUICKADAPT.jpg
    050BUICKADAPT.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 557
Screenless 85mm Z-06 MAF's

Ok, where do I get the zo6 mafs that are tuned for not running a screen

Here's the part numbers to try for the screenless MAF's : was stated in an earlier post.

"I've also read that 25341604 / 25328057 / AC Delco 213-1150 do not contain the screen, and will tend to run a touch leaner on our buicks".

These are for 02-04 Z06, 03-05 SSR with LM7 / LS2, & 06 CTS-V with LS2.
As far as where to get them....you could go to a GM Dealer, but I'd guess you'd pay HUNDRED$ more.......

or for way less money..................just do a google search and plug in the following numbers....you'll see lots of places that have these available. Also would suggest doing the same search by just entering these part numbers in eBay. You should find lots available and reasonably priced.

Good Luck

dave

What a timely thread. I started one earlier today about the IAT sensor. I'm starting from scratch sort of. I got my engine without any MAF equipment, started with the turbo bell. I need a MAF and IAT sensor. I was under the impression the 4" MAF had the sensor built in, but I didn't know about the 3.5". I got one of Marks 3.5 maf pipes, so if I wanted to use a 3.5 MAF I would need the 25168491 maf, Caspers #108100 and #108030, and a translator? Does the Translator need to be the translator plus, or does the standard one work? Seems like a vendor would make a one piece harness that would work.This is all new to me, so please hold my hand and walk me through this. Thanks.

What a timely thread. I started one earlier today about the IAT sensor. I'm starting from scratch sort of. I got my engine without any MAF equipment, started with the turbo bell. I need a MAF and IAT sensor. I was under the impression the 4" MAF had the sensor built in, but I didn't know about the 3.5". I got one of Marks 3.5 maf pipes, so if I wanted to use a 3.5 MAF I would need the 25168491 maf, Caspers #108100 and #108030, and a translator? Does the Translator need to be the translator plus, or does the standard one work? Seems like a vendor would make a one piece harness that would work.This is all new to me, so please hold my hand and walk me through this. Thanks.

The following part numbers are not 3.5" LS1 MAF's....but are 85mm Z06 / LS6 MAF's (they are a slightly larger diameter and use a 5pin connector, unlike the 3.5" LS1 MAF which uses a 3pin connector)...

85mm MAFs: all of these part numbers 25168491 have been changed up to, 15904068, 25318411 and AC Delco 213-4160.....they are all the same......and all of these have the built in IAT. So any of these will work.

You will need Caspers #108100 MAF Adapter Harness, (or equivalent),but will need to remove and change over the 3pin socket to match your GN. The part number for this is Caspers #108030. Be aware that the wires cross over and it's not a straight hook up. You'll need to spend some time figuring out which wire crosses over to what.

Alternatively instead of Caspers #108030 GN matching socket....you could simply order full throttle's #050BUICKADAPT Harness which plugs into the caspers harness and will fit into your buick maf plug with out the hassle of the above.

This should allow you to utilize the built in IAT feature of the 85mm MAFs.

Hope this makes sense to you.

dave

I just learned, that the screenless mafs calibrations, don't jive with the translators. Anyone have any success with this, even though this is true?
Mr. Licht? Any words on compatibility?