Zero Drone!

Gotcha, in fact the Kenne Bell catalog from eons ago showed their version of this
installed just before the muffs (I think)........

I'll give it a try......

Thanks for the data

Bob

I gave one of those Dynatech Vortex Insert cones on my GN with the 3" single shot and it seems to quiet it down a bit but still annoying. Jack Cotton warned me that it was loud but figured I could deal with it. These inserts are available from Jegs and they are $60! I shoved in the end of my test pipe so I still open the dump without any restriction. Wish I had a db meter to see if it made a real difference or not. Not worth the $$$$ in my opinion but was worth a shot.

Now we're getting somewhere.

And I HAVE a db meter (35.00 at radio shack...) my drone maxes at
80db.... 60mph locked in 4th..... :(

But at least I can tell with certainty if changes are headed in the right direction.

Are the Jegs thingies 60.00 a pair or apiece.....? (I need 2)

Bob

BuickGNBoosted,

Check out the SUPER TRAPP DISC-ONLY ADAPTER KITS! You weld a 3" cap on the end of the pipe and put the diffuser discs inside to quiet it down for the street and take the disks out for the track.

I saw them on a Yenko Corvair and they worked!

I know they're in Summit's catalog, don't know about Jeg's.

I bought the ATR 3" crossflow system and the drone was pretty loud. Added the rear seat frame brace and that quieted the drone a bit. Guess it stiffened up the body so it didn't resonate as much. Swapped the stock turbo for a a TE-44. That seemed to lower the pitch of the exhaust and made it seem quieter. Next I put on a THDP and once again the the pitch of the exhaust went down and now it's pretty quiet in the car... until you get on the gas!

Greg

Has anyone tried the two different types of mufflers at the same time yet? This is done from the factory on the Mustangs and I believe the Impala SS also. Those that have swapped mufflers should have something laying around :)

Mike

I thought of this, but haven't tried it. Maybe someday. I just ordered the Hooker system (hoping it's quiet). I now have SS UltraFlows on the car. If the Hooker system annoys me, I may try a mix of one Aerochamber and one Ultraflow.

Originally posted by VIN7
Has anyone tried the two different types of mufflers at the same time yet? This is done from the factory on the Mustangs and I believe the Impala SS also. Those that have swapped mufflers should have something laying around :)

Mike
You will need to different shapes of mufflers,,like a round and oval,if they are both the same shape the drone will still be present ,,having to different shapes will not add to the same Frequency