Your Thoughts On THS Rules For 2012

Again I ask.... why was the gas tank rule brought up? Kevin, do you know of someone who does not have the stock tank? I personally dont know of anyone who didnt have a stock tank....... something brought this up guys......

What would you want that particular rule to read like?

Again I ask.... why was the gas tank rule brought up? Kevin, do you know of someone who does not have the stock tank? I personally dont know of anyone who didnt have a stock tank....... something brought this up guys......

What would you want that particular rule to read like?

I don't know a car without a tank. You can ask Kip, I have been on him for 2 years about it.
I know what the intent is but would hate to see someone show up at a race without a tank and be called out on it. Pretty much just preventing an issue.

I would like to see it say "factory tank must be in place. It can be sumped."
Still allows for fuel cells and all.

I read the gas tank rule the same way. You must have one. Dont understand the clarification needed. I think they are looking for "stock gas tank required".

Same with E85. Rules states Gasoline only E85 is considered gasoline. But I guess some need to see E85 is ok.

Yes, I do.... but this seems specific as if someone ran without one....not that it really matters to me... I dont care if they have one or not.... I personally think that i stock gas tank adds ballast to the car to help the 60ft..... but 20 gals of gas makes a big boom if lit

I don't know a car without a tank. You can ask Kip, I have been on him for 2 years about it.
I know what the intent is but would hate to see someone show up at a race without a tank and be called out on it. Pretty much just preventing an issue.

I would like to see it say "factory tank must be in place. It can be sumped."
Still allows for fuel cells and all.

Ha..Ok.... I agree with your thought here and rule change

Plan on running THS next year.

I think the 200 trans rule should be changed to allow 350s. I have one of Lonnie's stage 2 trans right now and unless he has magic pixie powder that makes his not blow up like every other 200r4 seeing 700hp, then I'll be in trouble. I know I'm not going to continue racing in a class that I spend more money on the trans than I do on my motor. 3,000$ for a "built" 200r that could be had for 1500$ in a 350 is a bit silly, imo.

I think you'd have a much higher car count allowing different transmissions in. If this is a budget class then it seems backwards to have the most expensive transmission as the requirement.

I'll run this class until the 200r becomes a money pit (moreso than it already is) and then I'll stop, or perhaps try another builders 200.

Kevin, I understand what you want to do and understand why, but feel that mixing true heads up racing and index racing is not right for THS. On the car count thing, I would like to see more cars at the races also and feel we will in 2012. Here is a little of why I say this.

EY revamped his car this year and is up and running ready for next year.
Collin was unemployed and took 2011 off, now has a job and will be back for 2012.
Marty D. Now has a running.
Lonnie worked most ofthe year on his project and should have no problem making races next year. He has openly said he is going to take your money.
Ronnie bought a car and is doing a THS build to it.
Clay A. bought a car and is headed to THS with it
Mike S. spent most of this year in machine shop jail and now is back and running.

The above list is all people you know Kevin, think about the others you do not know about. I had four heads up racers from other class tell me at BG they are racing THS next year.

Take care, Kip

Just for that grudge against Clay Arnold. I hope he has spent some of that $6000 on his car by now.
My car is coming in the garage today Clay so get spending.

Just for that grudge against Clay Arnold. I hope he has spent some of that $6000 on his car by now.
My car is coming in the garage today Clay so get spending.

Clay's not to swift when it comes to letting go of money Ron dog...get him riled up for me so we can do some work.

Ronnie gotta say that after a normal day at work that reading your post made me laugh. Not sure how fast the gray car (THS) will come together. I have raced the blue car (TSA) in hot street in the past. I'm ready now to bust your azz again with it.

See ya Clay

Ronnie gotta say that after a normal day at work that reading your post made me laugh. Not sure how fast the gray car (THS) will come together. I have raced the blue car (TSA) in hot street in the past. I'm ready now to bust your azz again with it.

See ya Clay
Ain't it funny how he gets his azz busted and still keeps coming back to talk Chit.

Attended 3 events in THS for 2010-2011. Plan on racing in 2012 as much as I can depending on work and breakage. I've followed the class online since it was started and focused the upgrades to my car during its restoration to be sure to fit THS rules and beyond, such as stock appearing non sumped tank with a Weldon, a V4 with stock I/C tag just for fun, because this is a hobby.

Leaving the rules the same is fine with me. Allow TH350/400 is cool too, more the merrier! I think anyone that really is motivated to go heads up racing with their TR and wants to race THS has already set their car up to fit the rules and gone racing or will set their car up and go racing. The only way to grow the class for those that will not change their setup is to lessen the rules to just include more cosmetic items such as A/C, stereo, registration. Then make it a mid to high 10 sec index class since many more cars should be able to run high 10's than low 10's. Do a pinks all out style qualifying and then avg all the 10.00-11.50 qualified cars ET and make that the group's index such that each racer has to run no faster than as their avg during eliminations, that way the index may turn out to be 10.38 or 10.92 or whatever to make it interesting at each event.

Whatever the rules turn out to be, I'll have fun!

I do not race ths, but do help with a few cars from time to time. I say leave the rules alone and let people figure out how to go faster with what they have. Def leave the transmission rule alone, I was told a few years ago that the other trans have a place to race already, and that is why I do not have a car in THS.

What do all you guy think about opening the intake rule a little? This would help anyone trying to run a series 2 engine. The factory intake needs work relocating the throttle body to work with the 86-87 accessories. Yes or no?

I don't race in this class but agree with JD and a few others if you want to increase car count open up the trans rule. It wouldn't be to hard for somebody to change their compressor cover to meet the rules. And as far as the other class that has other trans's in it it will be out of reach for a lot of these guy's and ladies. And it is known the 400 does use more horsepower than a 200. So I don't see it as a advantage except for the durability so easier on the pocket book. Which is always good. :biggrin:

Steve

I don't race in this class but agree with JD and a few others if you want to increase car count open up the trans rule. It wouldn't be to hard for somebody to change their compressor cover to meet the rules. And as far as the other class that has other trans's in it it will be out of reach for a lot of these guy's and ladies. And it is known the 400 does use more horsepower than a 200. So I don't see it as a advantage except for the durability so easier on the pocket book. Which is always good. :biggrin:

Steve
I agree plus it is easier to get a 400 built. Thousands of 350 and 400 builders out there.

So far, I see one racer that says he will race ths if other transmissions are let in but heard rumors of 2 that would quit. Who else out there will join ths if a trans such as a 350 or 400 is let in?

Then you let in other transmissions, what's next? The 8.5 (I mean a 9" isn't a performance advantage), no AC?

Again, I don't care about the transmission, just need more people to come out there and say one way or the other. I would say a "keep the rules the same" quote would be saying no to other transmissions.

Maybe do a 50 pound wieght penalty for a trans other than a 200? That would be kind of like xtsm. No real performance gain but you are taking a penalty for the durability of the part.

Raced at one THS event in Osceolsa. May be able to run more in 2012....we'll see.
Have you guys tried taking a poll to see why/what keeps people out of THS?
Running 350/400?
Compressor housing illegal?
Heat/AC missing?
Don't want to run low 10/Hi 9 second cars head up?

I always hate to post on these matters as no matter how you tip toe someone is going to be upset. So here it goes. Posted at the beginning of the thread.

“The main idea here should be suggestions to help the class not to make the class fit a certain car or cars. “

Everyone always seems quick to make changes to allow car count but seem to forget the current racers that spent money to change their cars to race this class. It was posted more than once a car was leaving the class had no intentions to race THS because of all the BS. Car was changed from a THS legal combo and now we are discussing conforming class rules to their decision. Its not ok with me. Like the people who don’t race the class I spent money to race this class per the rules. Sold a car and bought another as it was easier than changing the old car to THS specs. I spent money for items I would not have normally purchased to fit the THS rules. I own 2 turbos so I have a THS legal turbo that will only be on the car for THS. The list goes on. I get on here and see guys with 10K + dollar power plants posting this is a budget class. If you think this is a budget class you are absolutely misinformed. I have no interest in discussing this from year to year or making changes to keep up with the Jones. Spent years doing it in TSM. If you open the door you cant close it. No Rumor I personally will be out if core changes are made.

Raced at one THS event in Osceolsa. May be able to run more in 2012....we'll see.
Have you guys tried taking a poll to see why/what keeps people out of THS?
Running 350/400?
Compressor housing illegal?
Heat/AC missing?
Don't want to run low 10/Hi 9 second cars head up?

23 legal THS cars at BG.