your thoughts on this diamond in the ruff

I bet if u checked the older chevy books you will find that the chevy's came with a stage 3 'Coon under the hood (and if yer from lousianna, a coon-azz behind the wheel) lololol

figured i would throw that in with all the possum jokes!

but wait, there's more..if u continue to read below...

i see potential in this car for say 7-9 grand. but until u get the tank and lines redone plus go through the engine follow the old saying...
when in rome, do like the romans, when in the woods do like the possums..play dead.

PC190273.jpg

...^Shopped!!!...

That was my first thought, intil I looked again @ the paw prints all over the car

Flipping crazy.

I would not walk away from that car just yet.First fire up the grill and cook up some opossom then I would change the oil and pull the tank down and clean lines and tank and put fresh fuel prime the oil pump and start it. Brian made a good observation. Get that car cleaned up and then look at it.There is a 17,000 mile car 5mins from my house for 23,000.but it does have paint work. 14 K for a 14,000 mile car is a good deal. good luck

I would not walk away from that car just yet.First fire up the grill and cook up some opossom then I would change the oil and pull the tank down and clean lines and tank and put fresh fuel prime the oil pump and start it. Brian made a good observation. Get that car cleaned up and then look at it.There is a 17,000 mile car 5mins from my house for 23,000.but it does have paint work. 14 K for a 14,000 mile car is a good deal if the opossom walked lightly on the paint. good luck

Are you sure that not a Stage I possum? Wonder what the car looks like washed. The wiring could be a terrible nightmare. It looks to have some chance at a new life. Not for $14,000. I say maybe $6000

What a shame.Sad to see a car neglected like that.Should be able to get the GN & the 57 for $14000.No telling whats hideing in the 57.

Holy Cow!!!

I thought all these cars came with a powermaster possum. That's why they didn't work worth a dam!!! I changed my car over to a vacuum vole system. :D

Watch you fingers when you check the brake fluid level!! Yikes. :frown:

I'd be interested in seeing things like the cylinder walls and ring gear in the rear. I'll bet all the cylinder walls are rusty... and the top half of the ring gear is probably rusty too.

I've seen it before on long term parked vehicles and I'd be surprised if that GN is any different.

Usually stuff like that will rust-up pretty bad during long term storage without some form of humidity/climate control.

I really think for that kind of money, you can buy a much nicer car with a few more miles on it.

that makes the dead mice and excrement in my ttype seem tame in comparison. of course gutting the interior and cleaning every single part 2-3x was a lot of work. higher mileage car in my case but it was also 5x cheaper. the engine bay of that GN is totally insane.

Look at the grime on the armrests in the back LOL.... Maybe Tiger Woods used it as his Pimp mobile.... LOL

Possum Powered GN

Just my 2 cents. My 72k Gn that I drive often enough sat for 8 years when the old 350 lb dood finally called and asked if I was still interested in the car for 3k. The black paint was faded down to the primer on the top surfaces and the tail lights were green from algae growing over them. The interior smelled like a-s and this time it wasn't mine;). Like a jackass, I filled 'er up after changing the fuel filter and oil and radiator fluids....she started right up and runs like a champ with 0 degrees of knock all the time. I put a lot more to it, but for a total of less than $8 grand (lot of which Brian got for some new NOS goodies), it's now a real beauty sitting under a car cover in the garage. And that was three years ago. Point is, I believed it was worth the effort to bring it back to life, but not for the initial cost of 14 grand.....thats just to much......way to much. Casually stick with it, because no one else is gonna be interested in that thing for his price once they see it like that.....

I cold make a nice race car out of that POS :D

Or buy it cheap an part every peice of it out

Good luck w/ getting that possum to come down on the price. He doesn't look like the bargaining type. :biggrin:

car

Wow!!, never knew that POS meant possum:tongue:.....just makes me realize how many possums are out there driving around:D

no no no, that definitely ain't a stage I possum. The eye bolt pattern is different. look in the last edition of the Possum Power Source Book, you can clearly see a stage II possum's sphincter bearing is closer to its two port intake passage.

I thought you guys were pro's?

Stage I, now that's just silly.

That seems kind of high to me. The mileage is attractive, but like others have said, I'd be afraid of chasing down all of the gremlins that will surely come with it. If you could get it considerably cheaper, I'd think about it more. Just ask yourself if you have the time, patience and skill to get the car looking and operating at a level that matches what the odometer reads. I'd be inclined to believe the odometer reading. It's a shame, but it could be put back on the street with some care and knowledge.

Did you spot Granny, Jed, Jethro or Ellie Mae hanging around the garage too? That possum looks fake to me.

I once bought an old Triumph that had been sitting for 9 years and was filled with dead mice. None of them looked like I just woke them up.