Your biggest Win ever

Dennis Kirban

Here is a topic that hopefully many readers can chime in. Lets say the amount of winning has to be $500 mininum in cash or gift certifcates etc and no gambling monies count.

Point being has anyone won a car(s) or hit your state lottery afterall they always say someone has to win and I have yet to stumble on anyone anywhere personally that has won even $100 ever.

In my 65 plus years on earth I hit my first and biggest jackpot ever $500 gift certificate once. It was a few years back about 3 weeks prior to Christmas. I had made a deal with a Dodge dealer about 60 miles from home trading in my used 05 GT Mustang for a 06 Hemi Charger. I did the deal at nite and to kill time while they did the paperwork I noticed a Christmas tree in the showroom with a bunch of sealed white envelopes hanging on the tree. I asked the sales guy about it and he says every customer that buys a new or used car gets to pick a sealed envelope off the tree. I asked him what the top prize was he said one of the sealed envelopes has a $500 gift certificate at I think it was target store.

So I make my pick.....yep nailed it the $500 certificate. So, my wife got an extra certificate that year!

Almost every car magazine you pick up charities are running contests with either a new Vette or a new Vette and a matching old Vette. So, have you ever won, got a friend that won?

Heck I would gladly pay the sales tax. Some of the odds are as good as one of 500 in some of those car givewaya. I like to hear if someone reading this has been a winner.

Perhaps this is one reason we do the M&M contest at our open houses and at the Turbo Buick Nats, prizes aren't anything monumental but their is always a winner.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I never win at that stuff I've tried for years. Coworker just won a brand new BMW motorcycle last year in a drawing, he went on to tell me that he won a .270 bolt action in a drawing years back. He's one lucky fella

I do know a guy who won a Corvette ('67-427?) at Carlisle (about 30 years ago)
My brother's best friend won $25,000 at a church raffle. Down payment on his house.

I won a T-shirt at a Kirban Open House once. :)

I have won a few raffles over the years, a church 50/50, job safety, and a basket of cheer nothing over $ 500.00. I do know of a guy who started a new job and on his first week enter a job poll lottery. He received 50 thousand a year for 10 years ....He bought a new corvette every other year.

i have hit on a 2 dollar scratch ticket once, 240 bucks it was called "daily double". i also when i was 14 won ticket seats 1+2 for WWF's king of the ring in providence, and i won those tickets at Alden buick right in my town! vader came there for a meet and greet, and i brought my little brother with me and my ticket was called for the raffle, we were so charged! lol

other then that, i play power ball ever wednesday and saturday and havent gotten anything back yet... i do have a unbelievable story though... and its true

my girlfriend is a waitress in a small country town about 30 minutes from me, its a breakfast place where everyone in town meets and everyone knows each other... right beside the place is a convenience store (quickpic). seems like that is the place to get tickets, always winners... well a lady that goes to the breakfast place daily ( just like the other towners) has hit for 2million dollars twice! out of that place!! she also scratches 8k a month on tickets, the other townies are pissed because they feel like "why do u need to scratch anymore? let us try" but thats a true story and probably the best in real life one i know...

I've never won a thing- not for lack of trying... I enter the occasional raffle (HGTV- dream home giveaway- at the insistence of the "boss", car raffles, etc.) All these years and nothing. I figure with my luck I'll win one day and have a heart attack or something. :eek: Or we'll win after we're in a position to not "need" the money. (It just seems to be how it works for us)

$2500 in michigan lottery long time ago, missed $20,000,000 buy one number. Gave it all back and more over the years

A guy I work with won a Harley Davidson from a radio station last year. He's not a rider and the bike was all gussied up with the station logo and such. He really didn't want it so he turned around a donated it to a local animal rescue charity who sold it and used the money to help buy another rescue truck. I thought that was pretty cool.

A guy I work with won a Harley Davidson from a radio station last year. He's not a rider and the bike was all gussied up with the station logo and such. He really didn't want it so he turned around a donated it to a local animal rescue charity who sold it and used the money to help buy another rescue truck. I thought that was pretty cool.
I had the winning numbers for the Mass. lottery. I played the same numbers every wed. for quite a while. When the numbers came up on the TV the wife said "those numbers look familiar. I forgot to play our numbers today." About 15 minutes later she started to put on her shoes. I said "Don't go look." She said, "I have to." Yup all 6 numbers for millions! And, yes, I am still married to her.

Had 5 of 6 numbers for CT lottery many years ago. Won $1400 and missed the millions by a few digits. Paid for fixing the motor in my Chevelle that I blew up the week before.:)

Was at a car show a couple years ago. I was the 100th car and got a reserved spot and a free hat. Later that day I bought a $5 raffle ticket for a drawing 2 months later. I won a 2 night stay at the Wilderness in the Dells worth $500. I should have bought a scratch off that day.

I had a neighbor that won on a national radio call-in contest for a brand new S10 pickup, back in like 2001.
A friend won a brand new (expensive) Harley Davidson about 6 years ago from a bike magazine by sending in a postcard entry (& he only entered ONCE!).
A family member hit a slots jackpot in Vegas for $25k.

The big winnings are always all around me, but never quite find their way TO me, :mad: lol.

I won $1000 bucks in our lucky strike bowling...the way ours works you draw a card and that how many pins you need to knock down ...I drew a five and some how knocked five down....the money is already going back into the Buick and Mike that is where the money came from for the translator I just purchased.;)

Well I won my freedom from my ex so as far as I'm concerned I got the million dollar prize.:D
HAH! I won the cars, jet skis, business and the house. She "won" a high mileage Jeep, a few grand and the ugly furniture she picked out..Winning!

I won a quarter in a $200 per box SuperBowl box (forgot the numbers) a few years ago. I also won first quater, half and third quarter in a $20 per box SuperBowl box (had 0-0) many years ago.

Then it was all downhill from then, not winning anything of value.

If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I bought a friend a lottery ticket for Xmas a few years ago...he didn't show and didn't see him for a bit. I said screw it and scratched it off...$500....we ate good that night....lol..

Interesting stories one being Carlisle...every year they have several car giveaways at their events. One of the rules I believe is you have to be there when they do the drawing its a clever way of keeping spectators through to the end of the week.

Hitting the lottery is nothing short of amazing when you figure the odds of doing so. Chances are almost higher of getting hit by lightning.

Maybe its just me but it certainily appears in recent years that charities etc have really upped the ante on prizes by awarding car or cars. Even the Corvette museum sells chances on a new Corvette from time to time.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

About the only time I win anything is playing some cards. Don't think I've ever won any kind of contest.