You Won't Believe it Buick #1 in quality

Actually I do believe it. I drove a lot of rentals last year and the GM's were darn good.

As far as I'm concerned Buick was number 1 twenty years ago too. Ever drive a 20 year old Jag or Lexus? Oh wait. One flaw. They didn't have Lexus' 20 years ago.:rolleyes:

Actually there is a big flaw in those numbers. GM is building less Buicks today than they did years ago so the number of cars that could be considered lemons are a smaller number if you break it down to percentages. If I only built one car and nothing was wrong with it than it's a cinch to score 100%. If I built two cars and one was a dud than I'd score 50%.:mad: I've never put much thought into those stories anyway. Too bad it took GM more than 30 years to figure it out though. They wouldn't be in the dumper today.

Shoulda seen the marks I gave my car on the JD Power initial survey study. :biggrin:

10's accross the board. :cool:

" Power's revenues were $7.5 million in 1987, the year in which the agency introduced its Initial Quality Study (IQS), which covered automobile owner experiences during the first 90 days of ownership. The study was released every May. In the first IQS the Toyota Cressida was ranked first with a score of 69 problems per hundred cars. "

A Toyota on top of the list with 69 problems in 100 cars. Go figure.

Guess the old Buick beat 'em.

Then again how many 1987 Toyotas are still running let alone on the road?

GM been working hard to beat the quality of Toyota, and there starting to get some recognition for it from the Industry. To bad most people still think GM's quality is crap.

As far as I'm concerned Buick was number 1 twenty years ago too. Ever drive a 20 year old Jag or Lexus? Oh wait. One flaw. They didn't have Lexus' 20 years ago.:rolleyes:

Actually there is a big flaw in those numbers. GM is building less Buicks today than they did years ago so the number of cars that could be considered lemons are a smaller number if you break it down to percentages. If I only built one car and nothing was wrong with it than it's a cinch to score 100%. If I built two cars and one was a dud than I'd score 50%.:mad: I've never put much thought into those stories anyway. Too bad it took GM more than 30 years to figure it out though. They wouldn't be in the dumper today.

If you look at it that way Buick should have been ahead years ago, as they make many more Buick than Lexus I believe.

Shoulda seen the marks I gave my car on the JD Power initial survey study. :biggrin:

10's accross the board. :cool:

" Power's revenues were $7.5 million in 1987, the year in which the agency introduced its Initial Quality Study (IQS), which covered automobile owner experiences during the first 90 days of ownership. The study was released every May. In the first IQS the Toyota Cressida was ranked first with a score of 69 problems per hundred cars. "

A Toyota on top of the list with 69 problems in 100 cars. Go figure.

Guess the old Buick beat 'em.

Then again how many 1987 Toyotas are still running let alone on the road?

be honest here- how many 1987 Buicks are still on the road?

Too bad it took GM more than 30 years to figure it out though. They wouldn't be in the dumper today.

Wouldnt have mattered since GM is not in the dumper because of quality concerns in the first place. GM had it figured out but the UAW is much to powerful and will force bankruptcy before its over because of the retirement they are forcing GM to pay. The first 90 is of little interest anyway since people drive the cars a lot longer than 90 days. What should be important is the cost to repair once the warranty period is over. Thats where imports cant even come close to GM.

I must admit 80's K-cars are getting a bit scarce, still plenty in the CT valley region though. :biggrin:

Lots of GMer's out there. :cool:

Toyotas are tuna tins now. :eek: :p