Xray settings for car parts??

413turbo

So, i've got a set of rods at my doctor's office to be xray'd. anyone know the settings to use. or, where i could acquire that information? the doc says, they'd done thousands and thousands of human xrays, but this is a new one for him. he's interested, and also wants to get a good image.

That machine does not put out enough power(radiation) to work on metal parts, you will see them but not penetrate through them. As a quality analyst, I spent time x-raying spent nuclear fuel containers for lead void pockets....

Chuck

I agree above...... it boils down to a math problem...... you have to know how strong the source is..... how thick the metal part is...... then the exposure time will be calculated from above.... so you know how long you must expose the film to get an image....

It's all about the strength of the source.

Think about the "source" as you would light in a regular film camera shot...... the less light you have.... the longer the shutter must remain open to get a decent image on the film.

What the formulas are..... I dunno..... but I guess you could try (if it was free) and experiment with longer and longer exposures until you got the image on the x-ray film right...... all this assuming there is a way to make the machine go long enough exposure....