XFI Spark Offset vs IAT

JDEstill

Turboliscious!
I'm looking at an XFI file for a friend. The car has just recently been fired up for the first time, and very little work has been done on tuning so far. When I look at the Spark Offset vs IAT table, it shows 31.75 degs through the entire table. Which is weird since the table axis stops at 12 degs, and if I try to edit one of those values the highest value I can enter is 12 degs. So I'm not sure how all those values got set to 31.75 degs in the first place...

Anyway, is there any reason not to just zero out this entire table and save it, and reload the new file into the XFI? Could the guy who supplied the startup file have used this to compensate for something somewhere else?

Thanks

John

Start with it zeroed out.
It can be used to pull timing for high intake temps.
That sounds kinds of strange although there where
some update done over the year and it could quite possibly have
an older firmware in it,This would only be possible if the box was more than a few years old though

I'm looking at an XFI file for a friend. The car has just recently been fired up for the first time, and very little work has been done on tuning so far. When I look at the Spark Offset vs IAT table, it shows 31.75 degs through the entire table. Which is weird since the table axis stops at 12 degs, and if I try to edit one of those values the highest value I can enter is 12 degs. So I'm not sure how all those values got set to 31.75 degs in the first place...

Anyway, is there any reason not to just zero out this entire table and save it, and reload the new file into the XFI? Could the guy who supplied the startup file have used this to compensate for something somewhere else?

Thanks

John

I would zero it out. A good use for this table would be for a intercooler that doesn't work well at all like some that were sold in the past. Pulling timing will (help) keep your head gaskets in place.

He and I both have version 1.34 of the software, I did check that since my first inclination was a glitch due to different versions of the software. I don't know what firmware he is running. Is there any way to tell what it has, or should I have him go get the latest and just do the update so we know for sure? I don't know if his box is new or used, but I can ask.

I'm kinda thinking that it may be easiest to just zero the table out and see if the car runs ok. If this was some tricky thing where it actually is needed (ie maybe a correction for something that is off elsewhere), surely the car won't run right if we do that and we'll know to leave it alone (for now anyway).

Thanks guys

John

You can see what flash is installed by selecting View/Display ECU Configuration.

I am pretty certain it is an old flash before the ATS Correction came into play. If it is an old flash it will display just like you said even though it will not be using the values. I run into this all the time when I look at customers programs.

If you elect to flash the XFI, keep in mind that several other tables will also be affected. If he bought the system from me, he can email me his program and I will convert/update it for free.