Buick vs 5 Exotics

NY Twin Turbo

All the good stuff.....Times 2.
This happened earlier this fall/late summer.

I was cruising 684 in Westchester County NY, on a nice Sunday morning. Those of you who know this highway, know it's the only road in my area that you can actually stab it safely from time to time. It's also loaded with NY State Troopers. It travels through some of the most expensive real-estate in the entire country.

I was driving in the center lane. I was with my "Better Half". She was going through my XFI tune as I was calling out numbers for her to enter. I was cruising around 55-60 mph at light throttle paying more attention to the lap-top than I was to the road.

I glanced up at the shaking rear view mirror and could barely make out 2 low riding sorts cars behind me. One was in the right lane and the other was in the center dirrectly behind me. After I was certain of what they were, I lightly uttered the words "uh-oh". My girlfriend, at first thought there was a cop behind us. After I told her to look in her side view mirror, she began to quickly search for all the straps for her 5 point harness. I was wearing one shoulder strap and my waist straps.

I don't street race. I'm not good at it. Knowing the Buick's and my limitations has kept my license clean, my Buick in one piece, and me alive for 20 years. The road was strait, however there was a slight curve coming up soon.

As the "sports cars" came closer one stayed on the right and the other one behind me came up on my left. It was clear now there were 3 more behind them!

On my right was the Ferrari.
On my left was the 2015 Corvette.
Behind me was the bad-ass Audi, Porsche, and BMW.

I did't look over at either of them. I wasn't sure my tune was good. But I knew if they lit-up there motors I would have to do the same.

Then came the sound of their motors. So I eased into the throttle a little and the boost came right up. Then I kept applying throttle until I was out in front of them about 4 car lengths. When the Vette and the Ferrari came into focus in the rear view, the other 3 cars practically disappeared behind me.

The curve was coming up and turning left. Thank god I was in front. I had to use both the right lane and shoulder to negotiate the bend comfortably. I turned pale white and my girlfriend could hardly move a muscle. I have no idea how fast I was going.

All the cars finally caught up and passed me on the left. I felt I made my point. So, I followed them at normal speed off the next exit. It was a 2 lane exit with a traffic light. They were all in single file and I slowly cruised up along side each one of them. When I got to the Audi, he called over to me and asked "Hey, you have 2 turbos on that thing. Right?" I said yea. He told me they knew where I was from and they knew my car. I was asked to join them for a coffee. I said sure. They made the turn at the light and got onto the Saw-Mill Parkway. This road is a narrow 2 lanes like a snake. They didn't drive that fast, but they were weaving through traffic. I didn't try to keep. I lost them.

I called J. Cotton the next day to tell him what happened. He asked me if I stabbed it. I told him I went in light at first and I didn't have to, and that I maintained a lead until I had to turn. He said "You f*ck'n pussy! That's not good enough! Next time, you bury them!!!"

Oh well. I know he is right. I should have scored a big win for the team. Too bad Brian Cotton wasn't driving the car. If he was, I wouldn't want to be in it.

Awesome kills. Yeah with your set up, you don't have to go all in. Best to be safe than sorry.

Oh, you have no idea how much I just want to nail it sometimes. Then I start getting that "shake" in my right leg and then I start thinking "what if something goes wrong". I've had this combination together pretty much untouched for about 8 years. I try to keep that in mind.

Great Kill, so which was it your better half or girlfriend? - keep the girlfriend she works the XFI for you. My better half doesn't like it when the boost comes on and usually screams "let me out here" and my car is slow compared to yours.

Good kill and keep it shiny side up in one piece.

Great Kill, so which was it your better half or girlfriend? - keep the girlfriend she works the XFI for you. My better half doesn't like it when the boost comes on and usually screams "let me out here" and my car is slow compared to yours.

Good kill and keep it shiny side up in one piece.

My girlfriend is my "better half"!!

My girlfriend is my "better half"!!

Oh, and yes. She knows her way around XFI software pretty darn good. She's not to well versed on what all those numbers mean, but that's OK. I't helps me keep my fingers off the keyboard and on the wheel and shifter......where they belong!