XFI does not connect after windows 10 upgrade

FASTV6HENRY

Like the title said i just recently downloaded windows 10 and my XFI is not wanting to connect. did a search and couldnt find any help on the issue.

Well i called FAST and the tech guy said they dont have a patch for windows 10 yet and so you can not communicate with the ecm using the new windows..now i just have to find a way to go back to windows 7..i wonder if Cal has any input on when this will get fixed.

Well i called FAST and the tech guy said they dont have a patch for windows 10 yet and so you can not communicate with the ecm using the new windows..now i just have to find a way to go back to windows 7..i wonder if Cal has any input on when this will get fixed.
Are you sure its the software ? I have not personally tried connecting with Windows 10 but I have run the software on Windows 10 and also have connected to the Prolific adapter with Windows 10. I would be a little surprised it doesn't work.
I'm curious enough to install the software on my wife's laptop and try it out. Just updated that to windows 10. I'll report back with my results.
AG.

Last edited:
I can run the software and even look and review my files just fine, but when I try to connect to make any changes or see it live it sends me an error message..

We ran into that the other night with Windows 8 and said that there is a new USB.

OK well I found that even with the new Prolific drivers I wasn't able to connect. My desktop that I thought was working is not connecting to the USB adapter either.
FWIW - there is an option within Windows 10 that allows you to roll back the computer to your previous version within a month or so.
AG.

How do you do that? I hate win 10.
Windows 10 has a feature to roll back to the original operating system as long as you do it within 30 days or so. I think you can find it in the recovery area.

I converted my desktop over and still trying to figure out if I like it or not. It's definitely different so trying to keep an open mind. I figure it will just be a matter of time before they stop supporting Windows 7 and would rather be on top of the learning curve.
AG.

I might go back to windows 10 after FAST gets a update for the software. According to the tech guy at FAST they are working on a update right now.

Windows 10 has a feature to roll back to the original operating system as long as you do it within 30 days or so. I think you can find it in the recovery area.

I converted my desktop over and still trying to figure out if I like it or not. It's definitely different so trying to keep an open mind. I figure it will just be a matter of time before they stop supporting Windows 7 and would rather be on top of the learning curve.
AG.
bummer, I can't find such a setting.

bummer, I can't find such a setting.

014.JPG

Crap! Mine doesn't have that go back option [emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk.[emoji252]

FWIW the new Prolific driver link I posted has the latest driver but doesn't seem to work on anything I tried. I put it on my Windows 7 laptop and it wouldn't work and thought that was odd. I was able to reinstall the older driver and make it work again. On my Windows 10 laptop It wasn't so easy to remove the newer driver. It seemed no matter what I did I couldn't get the older Prolific driver that worked in my Windows 7 laptop to install. At that point I had to give up.
AG.

Then it was Oct 2016 . . . and not much has changed.

-W10 does not connect.
-Prolific driver downloaded from internet and reinstalled. No workie.
-New RS/USB cable and latest drivers . No workie.
-Confirmed com port match between software and device manager. No workie.
-Tried each com port setting in software. No workie.
-Called FAST and "tech" stated: "W10 will not work and we are working on a fix".

Amazing that in this day and age, an electronics company can't figure out how to seamless get their aftermarket system to talk to a PC. It can't be THAT difficult. LOL

manhattan cable (205146) off ebay said for win 7 (same one that came from FAST for years) , win 10 upgraded from win7 , drivers from the FAST website driver folder...xfi 2.05 .no problem , just use same usb port every time and make sure the com is set to 3 ,,the pc could put it anywhere so you need to change it in device manager and as long as you dont plug other devices into that port or move the cable around to other ports it will stay at com 3 where you assigned it for the serial cable
win10-XFI.jpg

Last edited: