XFI 2.05 Data Log Activation

RANDALL

Banned
I tried switching data log activation from trans-brake to heater/AC fan switch (so didn't inadvertently overwrite log if I had to back up/reverse). Since, I have not been able to capture a data log even after re-connecting pink XFI wire to trans-brake (both fan and brake 12V activated, previously trans-brake activation worked). CCom status goes from Connected to Idle when trying to view a log. Cycled XFI and laptop off/on with no change.

Is it normal for CCom status to go to from Connected to Idle when trying to access a log?

Thanks in advance for any help.

If there isn't a log, the xfi will go off line. What are you triggering with, tps? If so, I doubt you'll trigger it backing up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

If there isn't a log, the xfi will go off line. What are you triggering with, tps? If so, I doubt you'll trigger it backing up

Thanks much. I was triggering by RPM, set low to make sure logging function worked. Maybe I need to switch to TPS? I would like to be able to log burn out, staging and pass.

Does XFI need to meet closed loop parameters (set up for closed loop) before you can log?

Last edited:
Switch to TPS. Closed loop not required. PM sent

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Unsure what is going on now...

Activating log w/12V to pink wire by trans-brake. PA enable RPM set to 2,000, 2,500, and 3,000. Anytime I exceed RPM setting motor will stumble/die unless I release trans-brake button (?). In logging set up, trigger set point, I set TPS% low (20%) to high (80%) with same results. Motor will stumble/die unless I release trans-brake. No logs recorded either so I must not be activating somehow.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Un-checked PA enable. I thought I tried that before but I may have forgotten to cycle ECU. Getting a log now @ 20% TPS just to check.

Is that the correct thing to do? Comments appreciated.

Last edited:
Un-checked PA enable. I thought I tried that before but I may have forgotten to cycle ECU. Getting a log now @ 20% TPS just to check.

Is that the correct thing to do? Comments appreciated.
If you are using the power adder you have to scrutinize the tables or you could be enabling things that could damage your engine. I've seen it happen in the past especially when updating software. I don't think you want to enable power adder so leave that unchecked. You are logging through PA so you would check the PA box off in the internal logging arming. All this does (when 12v supplied) is starts the logger based on your settings. 50% TPS is common. If you have a trans brake it's good to setup a flag so you can see when your pass begins. Before you log go to file<dashboard setup < drop down box to "dash for logging #1"< select the sensors you want to log and add them to the list and click save. Then logging< setup real time logging<drop down box and select "dash for logging #1"
Then set your trigger point (50% TPS is common) <click ok
Then logging<configure logger

If you don't configure after making any changes to your dash it will not log them with the internal logger.

Be sure to power down the ecu between logs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its been a while, but in reference to the OP, I'm pretty sure you can only view a log when offline...