WWE? I just don't get it?

GNBRETT

Pelennor Fields
I recently worked this event in the city I work for and was able to watch a large portion of the event since there were zero issues from the fans that attended who acted liked human being vs. animals for once.:rolleyes:

It was completely sold out and packed! They were showing some WWE events on the big screen b4 the show where stadiums around the world sold were out with 70k+ people in attendance.:confused:

For the life of me I just can't understand what all the hype is? I would say 70% of the crowd were grown men.

I know this will probably offend a few but hands down that was the stupidest thing I have ever attended. It was down right awful and corny. I know it's fake and only entertainment for some unknown reason for some:rolleyes: but you could not pay me $100 to sit thru that ever again in my life.

I must have seen 15-20 grown men wearing fake WWE belts around there waist and prowd of it. I use to watch it when I was a kid but since the UFC hit the scene I just can't understand why any adult would find that interesting.

I understand two each own but that was just painful to watch.

They do it to get away from Wives/girlfriends LOL

Seems this is one area women will not invade into man terratory.

Very few places left us GUYS can go to be kids again :biggrin:

Went as Kid to see Bruno Sammartino Vs the Iron Shiek in Cage match I think 1970? That was cool!

I decided many years later to go back to BOSTON Garden in the 90's I think it was Dusty Rodes vs Jake Snake.. It suked! I will never go again.

I recently worked this event in the city I work for and was able to watch a large portion of the event since there were zero issues from the fans that attended who acted liked human being vs. animals for once.:rolleyes:

It was completely sold out and packed! They were showing some WWE events on the big screen b4 the show where stadiums around the world sold were out with 70k+ people in attendance.:confused:

For the life of me I just can't understand what all the hype is? I would say 70% of the crowd were grown men.

I know this will probably offend a few but hands down that was the stupidest thing I have ever attended. It was down right awful and corny. I know it's fake and only entertainment for some unknown reason for some:rolleyes: but you could not pay me $100 to sit thru that ever again in my life.

I must have seen 15-20 grown men wearing fake WWE belts around there waist and prowd of it. I use to watch it when I was a kid but since the UFC hit the scene I just can't understand why any adult would find that interesting.

I understand two each own but that was just painful to watch.

X2 Men in tights do nothing for me!:rolleyes:

These are the same people responsible for making NASCAR so popular. Just a bunch of stupid rednecks.

Well, I did ask one guy from the crowd what he finds interesting about it and he stated "My wife watches her day time soaps and I watch the WWE soaps at night"

Again, two each his own but I will never in a million millenia understand what is interesting about watching something that is so rehearsed and predictable. I can't see how anyone could label that as a sport.

It is kind of like soap operas for men where we can act foolish:p

Yeah most know it is fake but there is probably 10% that will fight you for saying it is fake:eek:

Just like going to a play...

Brett did you notice each match was 20 mins long
Yea, with all that oxygen needed to fill those steriod filled muscle bellys they would last about 30 seconds in a UFC fight.:rolleyes: Those matches just seem to never end..... yawn

I stopped watching around the era of Hulk Hogan, Big John Studd, Jimmy Superfly Snucka, Roddy Piper, Paul Orndaulph, Iron Sheik, and Andre The Giant..At that time I was maybe 10 and it seemed so real. I always wondered did it look as real to someone who was maybe in their 20's or 30's. Once it started to look fake I stopped watching.

To each their own, but have you ever mentioned it was fake to a "real fan"? Oh man, it's like you insulted their mother or something. Man, they get fired up over it.

Its like nascar. 40 somthing cars turning left in a giant circle for 500 miles. I just dont get it. It's not like at what one point they're gonna turn right...

To each their own, but have you ever mentioned it was fake to a "real fan"? Oh man, it's like you insulted their mother or something. Man, they get fired up over it.

Some of their Wives will fight about it too! Thats a Redneck for ya!! ;)

We couldn't pay you 100 to watch it again but you watch it again when the city you work for pays you 400 !!!

South Park did a pretty good job of explaining the appeal of professional wrestling a few months back.
South Park Episode Player - South Park: W.T.F.

personally, i haven't been able to stand wrestling since the early 90's. but i did watch a free wrestling show a couple of weekends ago back in my old home town. it was a small wrestling league called the FLWA (French Lake Wrestling Association- one of the guys that owns the FLWA it is part of the family that owns French Lake Auto Parts in Annandale MN, {one of the biggest junkyards in the country} and they are friends with many of the current and past famous wrestlers). they put on a good show for the people. kids aged fromt 5-10 were totally into it and were yelling at the 'bad' guys and cheering on the 'good' guys, with everyone else just laughing along with the people in the ring. ultimately, the good guys won and efveryone was happy and i don't think anyone in that crowd thought for a minute that anything that they saw was real in any sense of the word.
i saw most of the wrestlers at the bar later, and they were just a cool bunch of guys to hang out with.

in the end, it's up to each person to decide what they are going to spend their time and money on. if you don't like it then don't watch it. it really is that simple.

Because Brett, "To be the man, you gotta beat the man!!" :wink: Whooooooo :biggrin:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjW9UXoKU2s[/YOUTUBE]