WTF, No Power down low?

joemama

Nice Monte is that an SS
If I mash the gas from a dead stop, boost jumps up to five rather quickly. Then it seems to take an hour to get to ten psi. Then from ten to eighteen in no time. Footbraking to five psi (before tires break loose) and then mashing it feels not much different.

Stall too small?, throttle body too big?, turbo too big?

PT61, Stock ported heads with bigger valves, TA headers, roller cam, 70 TB/plenum, 60# injectors, Cotton front mount, 3000 stall.

Car feels great on the top end. I just want it to feel somewhat similar down low.

Thats another question I have. Not logging any data presently. Just a scanmaster and a knock guage.

Trying to decide between Full Throttle data logger with a wide band 02, Translator Pro, or a FAST system.

Opinons are welcomed.

Any Alky on the car? What are the 02s between 5-10psi? Any exhaust leaks?

Stall to small

Would any of the newer Precision ball bearing turbos fix that problem?
Stall converter is alot cheaper:D

No Alky. Not sure on the o2's between 5 to 10 psi. Only tried the dead stop romp and footbrake once each last night. Only exhaust leak that I am aware of is where the dump cap is could use a gasket.

If you are getting to five ok, I would think the problem would be with wastegate controls or a knock retard is taking place causing it's slow rate of climb, normally once a turbo 'sniffs' 5 psi she is ready to give you her goods, good luck.

Kevin.

if you dont already have one, try an RJC boost controller. a whole lot cheaper than a converter! and it may help in masking the stall of your converter.

Be cheaper to go down in turbo size

get a 44 49.60 these work great with the stall you have

A 61 and a 12 inch converter will never work unless you shoot it with nitrous especially on a car with a street chip and running low boost like 16psi

You can tune all you want but never make up for a mismatch in parts

Funny your car will be bus lengths faster with a stock turbo vs the 61 As you currently have the car setup chip/boost/fuel