WTB stage 2 gn. have cash.

Steve, no doubt in my mind which block will handle more power...Ask anyone who's been around these cars for a while.

it's all in how it's built.. i have seen stage motors break running 10's and 11's.. i have 25 to 30 9 second 1/4 time slips, about 30 6.39 and faster 1/8 time slips at Irwindale raceway.. and about 30 to 40 10 flat to 10.40's time slips since this motor was built.. times have changed, and 109 blocks are safe in mid to low 9's..

I"ll call bill monday and see if he feels this will fullfill my needs.. it has been 5 years since I have been around the buick community. at THAT time stock block technology was not there.. the stage 2 stuff was barely there.{ there meaning mid to low 9s} . not an insult, but is a stock block gn gonna bring the kinda money a stage 2 car will? and what is the durability diff between the stg block vs the stock piece... these are the questions I want to ask bill.. will keep it in mind .. thanks steve

Steve, I'm far from Billy Anderson, but it depends on how fast you want to go reliably. If you are happy with high to mid 9 second ets then a stout 109 will probably suit your needs....I chose to not live on the edge and build a Stage 2 that would run mid nines without leaning on it. Opinions may vary...Give Billy a call and tell him your needs and expectations. He'll steer you in the right direction.

Hah...You been emailing me? That's my office email, and I haven't stepped foot in the door since last Wednesday. Sorry, I'll check it now.

Good luck with your search. Did I read right 20-30K? I don't know many who would sell a stage 2 for that including the car. You could always build one (more expensive) but maybe someone will need cash. Again good luck.

**** my block, crank and heads were 5K in 1998 (I thought an OK deal); Hogan sheet metal intake close to 3K (purchased earlier this year). That's 8K without anything else. No car, fuel management, turbo, injectors, intercooler, suspension ..........nothing.

I'd listen to those talking about the 109's in the 9's seems closer to the 20-30K range to me. Just my unsolicited opinion.