WTB stage 2 gn. have cash.

skeen

looking for a nice stage 2 gn, on or off center. must have a/c. no dreamers, or "it should run". car must be 9.50 or faster. 20-30k .paint need not be perfect { I own a body shop} but interior needs to be nice, no rotted floors, this will not be my first stage car, so please don"t reply unless you have what I"m looking for. will pay 500.00 finders fee if someone can turn me on to the " right" car, and I purchase it. I"m going to give this a week and see if something can be had. please call 270 869 8853 or 270 831 4053 or e mail skeen2@bellsouth.net I don"t get on this site often, so please e mail or call. thanks steve

must have A/C... thanks for the link. but I"ve been over every post there is here and every other gn site.. there are a few cars out there like I"m describeing. that have about stock ride height, basicly look stock, other than wheels. that run 9.50s or better. I just need to find one.

scot, I had spoke with dave yesterday. {hopeing he knew where a stg 2 GN was} the t-type is a last choice for me. I really want a gn. have called bill anderson,jack cotton,cal hartline {spoke with cals wife} and spoke with janice connley {a week before they were retireing, she was good people} and NO one knew where something was that fit my description. STP has the kind of car I"m looking for, but needs to be a gn,with A/C, and run 9.50s or better.. 500.00 to the guy { or girl} that can turn me on the the "right "car. thanks for the replys, steve

scot, I had spoke with dave yesterday. {hopeing he knew where a stg 2 GN was} the t-type is a last choice for me. I really want a gn. have called bill anderson,jack cotton,cal hartline {spoke with cals wife} and spoke with janice connley {a week before they were retireing, she was good people} and NO one knew where something was that fit my description. STP has the kind of car I"m looking for, but needs to be a gn,with A/C, and run 9.50s or better.. 500.00 to the guy { or girl} that can turn me on the the "right "car. thanks for the replys, steve

Check with Eticket, He had a nice GN stage car with a/c he was selling. Dont know if he still has it.
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/cars-sale/215464-87-gn-stage-ii.html

turbogta1, you"ve hit it dead on the head, as far as what I"m looking for , except it needs to be a 9.50 or faster car. {not a best of 9.50, but consistant 9.50s or better} but thanks for the link. steve

turbogta1, you"ve hit it dead on the head, as far as what I"m looking for , except it needs to be a 9.50 or faster car. {not a best of 9.50, but consistant 9.50s or better} but thanks for the link. steve

Hey Steve, from what is suppose to be in that car, it should run that 9.50 or better consistantly. Guys on this board are running mid to high 9's with 109 block cars. I myself have been down the track in the 10's at 130 mph with a real crappy 1.89 60 foot:eek: This was on a real safe tune, with a few more pounds of boost to spare, But made some suspension/tire changes, and hope to get back out in 2 weeks. Full weight, loaded car with cold a/c. I had the same thing in mind as you at one time, lot of cars out there, but one or the other was missing something I wanted in a car. Im sure he spent more in that car than what he wants for it, but too much $$ for me, or I would have snatched it up!!! Good luck on your quest.

turbogta1. have tried the phone # on the post, and it"s disconnected. If someone knows this guy, please forward my info to him, or his info to me. still looking !!! thanks steve

Skeen, let me be the first to say that I understand your pain. Man, I have been looking and looking for sometime now for a near pefect Stage 2 with "bells and whistles" but kept running into a dead end.

Finally had found the epitome (my opinion) with plans to acquire it and the owner started having trouble with it and is currently trying to work out the bugs. I guess that's just the nature of a highend type car like these. Maintenance and upkeep is crucial yet things are going to happen!

Well, good luck to you and if you happen to come across "THE ONE" and choose not to get it, send it my way.:cool:

Good Luck

flip

will do flip.I have found a car that "may" come close. needs a lot of attention apperence wise {but I own a body shop} but has a killer drivetrain. the owner seems like a REAL squirel.. will hopefully talk to the engine builder tommorow, and get the real scoop.. as I"m sure you know, there are a LOT of "pretenders" out there. and without solid proof of something, I"m not buyin.. and in the event you run into something, and decide to pass, please send the info on to me. don"t you wish you"d have kept the car you had?? that was a NICE piece.. steve

don"t you wish you"d have kept the car you had?? that was a NICE piece.. steve

Man, you just don't know how much I wish I still had the Stage I. I still get teased about it today, yet life goes on and you live and learn. Still, out of all the GNs I have owned over the years, if I could buy that car back today I would in a heartbeat and would be willing to pay a few dollars more.

Good Luck Again

flip

Hey man maybe you should get ahold of Kip Asplund...I've seen several cars like that at his place.

I know your looking for a Staged car. But i would look up nordy racer on this board. His car has a built 109 that runs mid 9'S AND FLAT OUT HAULS ASS.

I know your looking for a Staged car. But i would look up nordy racer on this board. His car has a built 109 that runs mid 9'S AND FLAT OUT HAULS ASS.

Thanks Mike.. people are just all stuck on having a stage 2 motor to go fast.. 109 blocks can do the same (and stay together too)..

I"ll call bill monday and see if he feels this will fullfill my needs.. it has been 5 years since I have been around the buick community. at THAT time stock block technology was not there.. the stage 2 stuff was barely there.{ there meaning mid to low 9s} . not an insult, but is a stock block gn gonna bring the kinda money a stage 2 car will? and what is the durability diff between the stg block vs the stock piece... these are the questions I want to ask bill.. will keep it in mind .. thanks steve

Steve, no doubt in my mind which block will handle more power...Ask anyone who's been around these cars for a while.