Wrenching party May 30th @ turbobob924's place

turbobob924

Hey guys!

Since I failed at my attempt at swapping my engines in 4 days, I invite anyone to come out next Saturday May 30th to finish.

I basically plan on swamping out the 4.1 from my hybrid Porsche into my Buick. And pulling the Buick motor for a rebuild look see.
I have already pulled the 4.1 out of the Porsche and am ready to pull the Buick out but it looks like I need some help getting it out. I may have to roll the car onto the drive way and pulling it there.

I will send out emails to those I know directly but anyone is welcome.

I will grill some hot dogs for lunch too!

PM me for address and directions if interested even if to just hang out!

come on guys, free hot dogs!

Since I messed up my back, I have to be more carefull pulling the engine and trans.

I am on call this week for 7days,so i need to stay close to home,I am in Dundee,if you need a quick hand...I can shoot out to you..my cell is 847 372 4544...I would hae to bring my 4yr old,he eats alot...:eek:

I'm no good at wrenching, but I am willing to offer a hand...mainly I would just like to learn something

If I can get up early and get the yardwork done I may have time to stop by to lend a hand. I will give you a call in the AM if I can break free.

Paul Brelie

Excellent!

Sounds like we have about 4 or 5 confirmed and 4 to 4 potential!

Expert or novice, all are welcome!

I appreciate the offers to help tomorrow. Hopefully we can get the 2 motors swapped out.

Again, all are welcome even if for an hour or 2!

Thanks again and I look forward to seeing and meeting more people.

Drop me a PM if you are interested for address and cell phone.

Damn, Bob you had to do it on a day that I have to fulfill an obligation to my wife. (Going out with her side of the family for a luncheon) I don't know when I will get back! Sorry Bob. If you need any emergency parts, the farm will be open; the boys will be there as usual!!!

Prasad

Bob,looks like you got everything under control their:cool,would love to help but i got my own problems trying to finish removing half of the motor :mad:for my cam swap

Thanks DIAZ 87,

I feel your pain!

That is one of the items on the agenda!

Once the mostly stock motor is pulled, evaluation time! Looking for a wiped cam myself!

both engines out and ready for the swap!

The trans needs some help to get out tomorrow too.

see everyone tomorrow!

SUCCESS!

The goal was to pull the 3.8 and trans and replace with built trans and the 4.1 motor.

Thanks to helo from you guys I was able to get er done!

Many thnks to

Brad
Jason
TurboJ
Paul
Steve

It will be awhile before its running but the heavy lifting was shared and I hope you guys had some fun.