Wrecked GN Need advice

hrodgmc

Last Saturday, a lady in an exploder decided to drive over the GN. I managed to move enough just get clipped on the left rear quarter. The quarter panel and left lense are shot. She has Cincinatti insurance and she is about 250 miles from me. I'm in good w/ the local body shops,but no one knows who might be the adjuster. I need all the help I can get to at least get it repaired to the previous state. I've been rounds and rounds w/ ins. co. before.
I've read the old posts about this, but was wondering if there was anything else I could do ahead of time. Georgia insurance law applies. Thanks so much.

"High" estimates.

When this guy slammed into my S10, the ins adjuster was going to give me a little over $700 for the damage. I took a metric tape measure and showed him where the entire bed had been pushed in. The truck was moved into a curb and scratched two wheels plus the one the dudes car hit (all custom). At first they didn't want to pay until I told them I would just sue the other guy for what the insurance company didn't want to pay. I ended up getting $5900 for the damage. If you know the guys a local body shops, you should have no problems getting three or four good estimates. These really won't be "high" because it will require a fair amount of money to get your car back to normal.

Make sure you can prove the value of your car so they don't total it. If they send you to one of the shops they have agreements with for clients, just go in and be very picky about the quality of work the do. Most high production shops don't make money on cars like ours and will write the estimate on the higher side to avoid you as a customer. I always liked walking around the lots of repaired customers cars and pointing out all the flaws in the work they do. If you have a hard time finding the flaws, take someone who knows body work really well.