Would this be a good pump for water/alcohol injection

I would think that you would be better off with the shurflo. I got one for the same price and there are a few people using them so you could ask questions if you need to.

Being the first has its advantages and penalties...

Originally posted by Crazi
I would think that you would be better off with the shurflo. I got one for the same price and there are a few people using them so you could ask questions if you need to.

Being the first has its advantages and penalties...

Exactly which Shurflo pump are you talking about. All the ones I've seen are listed my flow rate and not psi?

Where are you guys finding these pumps?

Thanks.

Go to notherntool.com. Item #342811 or 2687. Either one would probably be fine. 2687 flows alittle more.

Flojet also makes good pumps, I am not sure who might have these on the shelf.

Eric

Originally posted by Eric Stage I
Go to notherntool.com. Item #342811 or 2687. Either one would probably be fine. 2687 flows alittle more.

Flojet also makes good pumps, I am not sure who might have these on the shelf.

Eric

Thanks alot Eric. Roughly, how big is the pump?

It is about 8 inches long and about 3 inches in diameter. about the size of a 1 liter pepsi in diameter. The baseplate that mounts it to the car is maybe 4" x 4". It is not hard to mount and looks to be pretty durable in case you need to mount it under the car somewhere. I mounted mine in the trunk next to the 5 gallon fuel cell.

Originally posted by Crazi
It is about 8 inches long and about 3 inches in diameter. about the size of a 1 liter pepsi in diameter. The baseplate that mounts it to the car is maybe 4" x 4". It is not hard to mount and looks to be pretty durable in case you need to mount it under the car somewhere. I mounted mine in the trunk next to the 5 gallon fuel cell.

WOW!!! Thats huge!!! I was gonna put in the fender and use my washer bottle as a resvior. It might still fit. I guess I'll just buy it and make it fit somewhere. Do you think a 1 gallon resivor will be enough or should I get a 3 gallon fuel cell.

The one gallon reservoir should be enough. A lot of people are using that. Most of the kits come with 1/2 gallon tanks and guys are saying that they only need o refill every two weeks or so. I figure with my 5 gallon, that would equate to checking it once a month.:D

Hmm, I may never need to buy alcohol again...

If I used a voltage regulator with the shurflow pump could I adjust pressure by speeding up and slowing down the pump?

Thats exactly what i am looking at doing, but with a pwm speed controller. I have found several in my search. One that cost around $50, and has a dial that can be placed in the car, ala SMC. Let me know if you want the address

Gary
ggant@usfdugan.com

Yellow95-
Yep, go ahead and send/post the address. Did you look at the pressure switch?

Yes that pump on e-bay would have worked just fine for an alcohol injection kit. It is the little brother to the pumps I sold with my alcohol kits, but not the same manufacturer.