WOT Upshift problems

bruisr

Recently had my tranny rebuilt locally(lost 3rd &4th)-which included internal upgrades and a 3200 stall TC. At WOT (regular shifts are perfect) it will not upshift unless the throttle is eased up abit. Adjustments in the TV cable did not help. If the govenor was used off my tranny on the rebuild(nothing was done to it yet)-wouldn't shaving or changing the springs cause it to shift later. Is there a replacement govenor to correct this?
The TC had to be returned to the vendor (defective pump) and was replaced when it was first rebuilt. There were some metal particulates in the tranny pan attributed from the TC-tranny was taken apart-cleaned and reassembled. Would there still be some particulates in the tranny that would cause this?:confused:

It's quite possible some debri may still be in there. TV or shift valves may be sticking/binding. Have you tried loosening the TV Cable a click or 2?
Removing metal from Gov weights would cause higher rpm shifts.

He's probably right on the valves, the TV is the most likely to get stuck by the smallest particle, I thnk you can remove the TV valve without pulling the valve body. Pull the retainer pin and use a magnet to pull the valve out unless someone put a titanium valve in there. Ceal the valve and blow air in the hole, work the valve back and forth and try again if it feels free. But the best way to insure you won't have the problem again might be to pull the valve body.

Didn't you say it was rebuilt, why not take it back to the builder?
Larry