wot shutter

jdub

Alright have a wot shutter all of the sudden driving to work. No problems at idle or normal driving until getting into 10 lbs or better boost. I pulled up to work swapped out known good Maf. Still no change looked for a vacum leak did not find one alittle puzzled right now. Any ideas Car ran very well up until now. Stuck at work for now can't really mess with it right now. I can just cruise the car home and take out one of the other cars.

Sounds a lot like your ignition module and/or coil pack could be failing.

puzzled

Just installed new ignition module with new coil. I'm still having wot shutter in boost. Anybody with ideas please chime in.

Alright have a wot shutter all of the sudden driving to work. No problems at idle or normal driving until getting into 10 lbs or better boost. I pulled up to work swapped out known good Maf. Still no change looked for a vacum leak did not find one alittle puzzled right now. Any ideas Car ran very well up until now. Stuck at work for now can't really mess with it right now. I can just cruise the car home and take out one of the other cars.

Fuel filter, fuel pump?

IC hose connections?

A loose intake connection between turbo outlet and throttle body, or possibly a errant rock managed to put a small hole in your intercooler, either of which would cause a over-rich condition from the loss of pressurised air(boost) that the mass air sensor had measured as input air and adjusted fuel pulse for that amount, with a leak, the Air/Fuel ratio goes rich as a result, good luck.

Kevin.

problem

Thank everyone for chiming in. KL thats intresting that you said rich conditon because at full in boost conditons above 10 psi the o2 are in the high 800s. Anymore suggestions I really don't want to just keep throwing parts into and chasing my a__ . I just spent alot of money on exterior and interior and would love to enjoy the vehicle for the summer. Once again I like to thank everyone on the forum for their time especially in the busy summer season.

what exactly is going on with this "shutter" im not sure how you define this. is your boost gauge fluttering? may be something as simple as a bad plug in need of a re-gap or replacement.

grounds

I used the Magnovox NOS highwaqy stars sell wiyh GM coil. Still need to check all grounds. Just visual of the ones in the engine compartment.

basics

Alright thank everyone for the posts. I'm going back to basics getting rid of E3 spark plugs I'm leaning on ignition because full throttle running 890 cc on SM. Going to AC delco part Plugs O2 sensor and fuel filter waiting for them snail mail. Also got new set of plug wire 10 mm from ebay. I'm crossing my fingers and see where I go from there. Haven't done much been working weekends.

fixed

It started a bad day. Iwent to my turbo regal not knowing I left the lights on the last time I picked up my seats. So off I go to my god parents house to charge the battery. Battery charge by to my car chaged the plugs don't see anything out of the ordinary they actually looked really good. just finished installing last plug two drops of rain hit the car and then the sky opens up. Closed the car up drenched I run for cover of my apartment. Waited for the rain to subside. I returned to the vehicle I installed the same wires. My gut told me to just swap them out. I had alright looked at them a previous day and didn't see anything. So I precede to change them out finished the even side. Start the odd side pulled the number 1 closely inspect it I see a pin hole. I squeezed it the boot just collasped. I was estatic I'm hoping I just found the problem. I finish installing the new wires and off I go first straight away right into boost no shutter WHoaaa! Problem solved I would like to thank everybody for their input.

I had a problem similar to that back in '86 with my new GN . I changed plugs and shortly after it would break up a little under full boost. It turned out that one of the new plugs in a package of 6 was the wrong one . Replaced it and problem solved.