World's Wildest Police Videos - GN Hit?

turbojimmy

Supporting Member
I was watching World's Wildest Police Videos tonight (so I was bored). I think I saw a GN get hit by a car that was fleeing the police (ironically, it looked like another g-body). The video is short, but it looked like a GN.

Anyone remember this one? Looks like it's from 2000.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIpwoQOtQoA

I just uploaded it so it might be a few mins until it's 'processed'.

Jim

Well, it was black and looked like a GN so my guess is it was a Monte SS. :D

Hmm. It's defintely black but hard to tell make/model. You tube videos have bad resoultion. Too bad we can't zoom in for a closer look.

Funny, alot of these "Wildest Police Chase" shows run clips from old "Cops" episodes form the late 80's and early 90's where G-body's were a dime a dozen. It's not hard to sopt them if you watch the old "Cops" reruns.

The new server is slow.....

If you 'watch in high quality', it's a little better. When it spins around it doesn't look like Monte tail lights, unfortunately. But it's hard to tell. Since it happened 9 years ago I thought maybe someone would have the story, if it was a GN.

Jim

If it were a GN it would have been smoking the tires or would have made it through fast enough not to get hit:biggrin: ;) J/K

When the car is at an angle, paused, sure looks like a vinyl top to me... Unless if it was that GN clone on here 2weeks ago:rolleyes: Maybe it was me..... I don't remember the year 2000!;)

When the car is at an angle, paused, sure looks like a vinyl top to me... Unless if it was that GN clone on here 2weeks ago:rolleyes: Maybe it was me..... I don't remember the year 2000!;)

The car being chased definitely had a vinyl top. The one that got hit - hard to tell. As it spins it looks like it might have Monte SS-like features on the nose.

Jim

No I'm not jelous of GN/T's-J.K. great cars though... Prefer my clean 82' NA. 2 teenage boys, wife, house payment, ect... ect...My car is alot slower but alot easier on the pocketbook...

It sure does look like a 87 GN. I could barely make out the air dams on the front bumper and you see a hint of the side markers on the corners of the headlamps. Just enough to tell it aint a MCSS. If it aint a GN than there's one pissed off WE4 guy out there somewhere. That's an old video. The cop car is a 91-96 vintage Caprice.

Funny, alot of these "Wildest Police Chase" shows run clips from old "Cops" episodes form the late 80's and early 90's where G-body's were a dime a dozen. It's not hard to sopt them if you watch the old "Cops" reruns.

Boy isn't that the truth. I like to watch cops and often see them. My 13 year old daughter thinks anyone that drives a G body is an outlaw. "Dad did you see that, another bad persons in a Buick running from the law"