World Cup Soccer

If baldy possessed the ball that run wouldn't have got started. Geez.

We expect games to be lost or won in 17 second in football, basketball, hockey, but not soccer. Damn!

USA vs. Germany Thursday.
Should be a GEAT game to watch! :nailbiting: :nailbiting:

"With a victory, the Americans (four points) would top the so-called Group of Death and play the Group H runner-up, probably Russia or Algeria, on Tuesday in Porto Alegre. With a draw, they would finish second to Germany (also four points, but superior goal differential) and travel to Salvador to likely play Belgium."

I've got to go to lunch with an account today. I'm going to make sure we sit where I can see the TV in the bar!

USA lost but moves on.

1403806621990.jpg
1403806637761.jpg

US coach FAILED to make the adjustments to the players and game strategy! :mad::mad:
US played much better latw in OT when changes were made and they started attacking instead of just sitting back.

Way too much time spent hunkering down. Howard was just crazy! I did like that young guy #2. He only 20 and has some mad skills and no fear.

Way too much time spent hunkering down. Howard was just crazy! I did like that young guy #2. He only 20 and has some mad skills and no fear.
Exactly! You can't score to win playing defense!
Coaching issue . . . . gave them too much respect.

Oh my, Germany is blitzkregging Brazil.

Geez, folded like a cheap lawn chair, 7 to 1. No sex for Brazilians tonight.

So the stage is set:
Germany vs Argentina
Should be a great game!

Not sure what happened, but think Holland should have had the 6'8" goal keeper start. He was tall enough to get to the ball. :rolleyes:

I wish they played to golden goal rather than shoot outs.

Nice win for Germany. Kind of feel bad for Messi. He seems just too tired.

Agree! Truly, the best team won. Congrats to Germany and it's fans.

Last edited: