Wiring harness for a LT1 evac pump

reading thru this thread, i got to thinking..
instead of using the pump for crankcase evac- or in addition to using it for the crankcase- could you boost reference it and use it to inject air into the exhaust pipe right before it goes into the turbo thru a one way check valve when a certain boost level is reached? i know that the purpose of the AIR pump in the first place is to shoot outside air into the exhaust or cat converter to help light it off more by burning any unburnt gas molecules that made it thru hte engine. my thinking is that the extra "ooph" could help spool up the turbo a bit faster..

These air pumps do not have enough power to come close to doing anything like that. This thread is about the wiring harness.

What GM pumps does this work with?

I saw on the Racetronix site the harness is for a 3 wire pump.

I have a part number 12568382, but I can't find out if this is a 2 or three wire pump??

Anybody?? :)

Thx

Just received my two wire evac pump wiring. The hobbs switch and associated wiring are not present. The last time this happened with a small item(ground wire) in one of your kits I was called a liar... in so many words.... I hope this goes a little better. Please send me The hobbs switch and pigtail pictured in your ad.

Robert Rapp
12483 Green Stone Ct.

...and unfortunatly the plug for the pump is wrong. The plug will engage the terminals and function, but, the body of the plug is too long and bottoms out before the clip engages the female plastic terminal body. Please send me the proper plug as well. Otherwise, as usual, it looks to be a high quality harness.

Just received my two wire evac pump wiring. The hobbs switch and associated wiring are not present. The last time this happened with a small item(ground wire) in one of your kits I was called a liar... in so many words.... I hope this goes a little better. Please send me The hobbs switch and pigtail pictured in your ad.

Robert Rapp
12483 Green Stone Ct.

You might want to email Racetronix's support directly. Jack is a standup guy.. Im sure if there is a problem, he will take care of you.

You may have a pump which is different so we don't want to set the wrong impression here. Please sned this info to support@racetronix.com. Once we have figured out what your problem is we will go from there. The connector on the harness fits our test pump here and is the correct P/N listed by GM.

We sent you an e-mail early today with technical info.
Please review it and reply to the e-mail.

Thank you.

I just temporarly zip tied the plug. Did you notice the bottom two pics in the link? They clearly show the plug I have. The pump works through that plug and it is the only one that comes with it as ordered. I think the other plug in the GM bulliten is part of the vehicles emissions wiring harness.

I just temporarly zip tied the plug. Did you notice the bottom two pics in the link? They clearly show the plug I have. The pump works through that plug and it is the only one that comes with it as ordered. I think the other plug in the GM bulliten is part of the vehicles emissions wiring harness.

Please e-mail this info as a reply to our e-mail. We need clearer close-up pictures for starters.
Once we figure out the discrepancy with GM's data we can post here. Until then let us leave this correspondence to direct e-mails please.