will there be a noticable difference?

oddiesGN

I would like to know if I'll be able to tell the difference when switching to fullthrottles 206/210 roller cam compaired to the stock cam? With what I have in my sig, what should I expect if any when I get my car out in May?

Thanks, Otes.

I wouldnt expect anything. The stock cam/49 turbo is a better combo. If you go to a p trim and are looking for 500hp or more you will see some gain.

That sucks, I was hoping to see and feel a difference. I was hoping also with my heads being ported that there would be a differece between the cams since the roller has more lift then the stock one. I may ugrade turbo in future just not for awhile, just depends if I can reach my goals with what I have.

Thanks, Otes.

Anyone else out there swap in a roller 206/210 cam (or a size similar) to replace there stock cam? If so what did you experience?

Otes.

Don't you get the benefit of more lift from the roller. Letting in more air and fuel, doesn't that help some?

Otes.
Of course it will. It'll make more power upstairs. You'll shift at a higher rpm because it will continue to pull past 5,000 rpm.

Have your valve guides been cut down to allow more lift?

Of course it will. It'll make more power upstairs. You'll shift at a higher rpm because it will continue to pull past 5,000 rpm.

Have your valve guides been cut down to allow more lift?
Yup and you will be working the compressor way off the map if you are planning on running any boost. It will start running out of steam over 5300/25psi

So I guess my cam is a waste of money. Did I also waste money when I had my heads fully ported? I haven't drove the car yet with the heads being ported, will I even notice a difference with the heads ported and a 3 angle valvle job? Do I need to add more mods just to get the benefits of a cam and head work or will the head work help alone?

Thanks, Otes

you will notice a big difference with ported heads. IMHO it's the best money spent. i went 1/2 second faster with just changing heads

A bigger turbo will really add some power at this point.

What hasn't been said here is the differences in the way each cam moves the valve. A flat tappet moves the valve quicker up and down and a roller moves the valve for longer. If everything is the same with lift and total duration the roller will make more power over all, but it all has to work as a system to get there. Look at the .050 lift on a flat tappet and a roller and you'll see the differences there. The .050 lift has more duration on the roller than the flat tappet so the valve stays open longer over all.

you will notice a big difference with ported heads. IMHO it's the best money spent. i went 1/2 second faster with just changing heads

Well thats good to know, I guess that means I don't have to sell my new heads.

A bigger turbo will really add some power at this point.

That will be my next upgrade, can't afford it right now since I just dumped 5k in my car. I was really hoping to run close to 11.3 this summer with my ta49 since it only has 1800 miles on it. Would like to get a few more years out of it to get my monies worth. I could sell it and just get a bigger turbo, but I don't think too many people want a ta49 plus I probably won't get much out of it.

Otes

Give it a shot with the 49. Should be very doable. A p trim turbo like a 60-1 would add about 75hp with those heads and cam at 25psi over what you have.

Give it a shot with the 49. Should be very doable. A p trim turbo like a 60-1 would add about 75hp with those heads and cam at 25psi over what you have.

What do you think the going price for an 1800 mile very clean no shaft play ta49 is worth off the top of your head?

Otes

Yup and you will be working the compressor way off the map if you are planning on running any boost. It will start running out of steam over 5300/25psi

Can't disagree with that,but you know he will get a bigger turbo sooner or later.

So I guess my cam is a waste of money. Did I also waste money when I had my heads fully ported? I haven't drove the car yet with the heads being ported, will I even notice a difference with the heads ported and a 3 angle valvle job? Do I need to add more mods just to get the benefits of a cam and head work or will the head work help alone?

Thanks, Otes
You're going to love the added power plus it will continue pulling to a higher RPM. You've made a step forward that you can enjoy very much until you get a bigger turbo. When,not if you get that bigger turbo it'll scare you a little.