Will have 1st ever alum GN rims at Bates.

Ok, now that Ive had time to digest the new photo's with the wheels painted....I have come to the conclusion that I prefer them unpainted but thats just my opinion. Either way, the wheel is a homerun! :)

I'm officially jealous!

Mike , those are sweet.
see ya tomorrow, and your rims , LOL

Dont you just love having your own set of 1 off wheels :)

So far, so good. And, I don't even have them on the car yet.:D Believe it, or not. I haven't buffed my car's paint in over two years. Plan on doing that today before putting the new rims on.

Mike B.

New rims are on car.

See you guys at Bates.:)

015.jpg

021.jpg

Mike B.

Those do look great and would be curious to see how someone could improve on them. I like the wheel caps but would like to see a provision to allow one to utilize the factory caps without them falling off.

What is the Technique for removing the Turbo 6

From the stock hub covers?

Just got Set #4 from Budnik 15 x 7 front & 15 x 8 rear polished (no black) my wife's idea -- rears installed minus hub covers, fronts will be on next week - broke one of the hub cover turbo 6 emblems trying to get it out of the stock hub cover. I will post a picture of the car with the wheels on the car as soon as I get them complete; Colorado weather permitting.

Whats the trick?

From the stock hub covers?

Just got Set #4 from Budnik 15 x 7 front & 15 x 8 rear polished (no black) my wife's idea -- rears installed minus hub covers, fronts will be on next week - broke one of the hub cover turbo 6 emblems trying to get it out of the stock hub cover. I will post a picture of the car with the wheels on the car as soon as I get them complete; Colorado weather permitting.

Whats the trick?

Congratulations, Jerry on purchasing set # 4. I see Mike's (SPOOLFOOL2)'s car frequently and I am still amazed on how unbelievable those rims look. Say "goodbye" to brake dust, too, for the major part. Brakedust just doesn't seem to bond to those rims. Great choice on your purchase.

Rear Wheels Mounted -- Need to find one hub cap to cut a part with a dremel disk!
Cut an original hub cap???? Are you nuts? Why don't you just wipe your butt in the morning with a Benjamin its a better way to waste money.

O Please people, dont cut up original parts for GNs. Stickers cost $1 to make and less then $5 to buy. Please photoshop your sticker and print out your own. Hell save your photoshop file and take it to ANY STICKER MAKER IN THE COUNTRY ANY ONE OF THE 10 billion out there. I really can't believe people would cut up original caps with a DREMEL to put on a set of wheels. It was bad enough growing up with GN and replacing all of the STOLEN caps, now people want to cut them up? Good lord whats next GN cap Ash trays?

I would really be shocked if Mike of all people CUT up original hub caps. Did someone else just buy another set of the same wheel you have? Ouch

Jerry:
By "hubcap" do you mean the little black center cap from the GN?
If all you need is the plastic center that the emblem is attached to, might want to talk to Mark Hueffman at, I believe, Turbo Regal parts, I think that he has made up and sold the emblems and the emblems already mounted on a plastic disc.

or let us see?

these are so neat! Mike you stepped up the bar way to far! LOL

oh, if you need it, in case anyone scratches your rims, I have a lead dispensing
device, (legal of course) you can borrow.

Just in case! :tongue:

look forward to seeing the rims, and all the buick folks.:D
Ur not supposed to loan out the legal one!!!!! Unless of course you load it with varmit bb rounds first!!!!

Budnik Center Cap Emblems

I would really be shocked if Mike of all people CUT up original hub caps. Did someone else just buy another set of the same wheel you have? Ouch[/QUOTE]

To Turbo86GN: I will not cut apart the other two; I will make some 3/16" thick plastic disks of the right diameter and try to fine someone to replcate the Turbo six logo to glue behind them with transparent glue to press into the center caps supplied by Budnick.

I have noticed at least 3 Buick GN vendors on the Net and Ebay that are selling NOS center caps for between $149.95 and 199.95 for four, and one that selling them individually for $49.95.

I am wondering if there are that many NOS center caps still available for a 23 year old car or if one or more of said vendors is having them replicated????

What would be your best guess? They seem to be plentyful.

I apologize for not thinking clearly at first and thank you for straighting me out. I have owned my GN since new and care for them quite a bit actuallty.

Cut an original hub cap???? Are you nuts? Why don't you just wipe your butt in the morning with a Benjamin its a better way to waste money.

O Please people, dont cut up original parts for GNs. Stickers cost $1 to make and less then $5 to buy. Please photoshop your sticker and print out your own. Hell save your photoshop file and take it to ANY STICKER MAKER IN THE COUNTRY ANY ONE OF THE 10 billion out there. I really can't believe people would cut up original caps with a DREMEL to put on a set of wheels. It was bad enough growing up with GN and replacing all of the STOLEN caps, now people want to cut them up? Good lord whats next GN cap Ash trays?

I would really be shocked if Mike of all people CUT up original hub caps. Did someone else just buy another set of the same wheel you have? Ouch

If you drill a small hole in the back of the "hub cap", you can pop the disc out with a screwdriver. If it makes you feel better. Two of the hub caps that I used were junk. They had the lug nut attachment metal missing. I repolished the old disks with plastic polish.

I'll bet that you'd be hard pressed to find a GN owner who hasn't lost a few caps on the highway do to the POS caps falling apart. I now have four quality caps that look good and will stay on the car.

NOTE: Old caps pop out much easyer then new ones, due to the fact that the silicone lets go of the plastic over time.

Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard

Mike: Mark Hueffman is making me 4 brand new repro clear plastic inserts with the Turbo6 logo behind them for $59.99.