First ever alum GN rims. pics.

In case anyone was going with these wheels, I have two extra brand new sets of 4 turbo 6 center cap emblems. If interested let me know. Those wheels are beautiful.

Thanks guys. Tire sizes are :
Front 245/45/18
Rear 285/40/18

The fronts fit perfect but the rears are a different story. Others say with the same size tire, wheel, and backspacing that they have no problems rubbing but I beg to differ. I guess my car is different... I took a straight edge and placed it against the tire and it overlaps with the lip so its going to rub IMO. I'm going to either roll the fender/trim piece or cut a strip out. Right now, I have the airbags full and it doesn't rub. It's no big deal. I would've gone that route either way.

I was planning on running the same spec wheels with 295's out back I did cut my wheel lip in half for some clearance. How much room is there on the inside near the frame? Do front 245's have nice clearance maybe even a bit wider or is that about it?

I was planning on running the same spec wheels with 295's out back I did cut my wheel lip in half for some clearance. How much room is there on the inside near the frame? Do front 245's have nice clearance maybe even a bit wider or is that about it?

The fronts do not rub at all. I don't know if you could go bigger or not. I would have to clock the wheel all the way to the right and then left and see. I'm sure somebody's tried it already. I don't want to tell you wrong. From my eye measurement, the rears have maybe a quarter inch clearance from the frame. It's pretty close! After taking a second look, I'm going to roll the lips instead of trimming it. I just want to know how these other guys are doing it with the same set up.

The fronts do not rub at all. I don't know if you could go bigger or not. I would have to clock the wheel all the way to the right and then left and see. I'm sure somebody's tried it already. I don't want to tell you wrong. From my eye measurement, the rears have maybe a quarter inch clearance from the frame. It's pretty close! After taking a second look, I'm going to roll the lips instead of trimming it. I just want to know how these other guys are doing it with the same set up.
i read all 20 pages only saw a few prices what did you pay for your 18s? thanks a lot i really love the look wow

$2735 shipped. They may be cheaper now but I don't know. A lot of money for wheels? Yes, but having something unique and rare makes money well spent IMO.

thinking about 19s in the front and 20s in the back like c6 vette wonder if they would look good and if they would make them for me any comments on look?

thinking about 19s in the front and 20s in the back like c6 vette wonder if they would look good and if they would make them for me any comments on look?

I have seen that combo on another GN. I wish I could remember who it was. It had the "Hot Wheels" look to it. It had a lowered stance and it looked pretty good. I'm not sure how well it road though...

ttt
Just got back from a 800 mile rode trip with the GN. Took a few pics along the way. The Budniks still draw a lot of attention. Got many thumbs up along the way.
This shot didn't turn out too bad.:D

GNtriptoClintshouse006_zpsd0d7ad97.jpg

Happy spooling...
Mike Barnard

has anyone gotten a set of the budnick's in 17"? we just got our 87 GN last summer and i am thinking about going with 17X8 and 17X9.5. seems like prefered backspacing is 4.75 for the back?

thanks
alan