Will 20 Grand buy a Low Milage 87 G/N with Astroroof

you never know God will send me the right car when he,s ready!!!!!! i will just half to be patient

Originally posted by TClassic
I think he's pulling our leg, I made him a GOOD offer on my car, although its a Limited, as yes I'm thinking of selling it ONLY to buy Brian Turners (theTwoBryans) HARDTOP TTA with ~3000 miles on it!!

FWIW & IMHO:
Brian Turner does not have a 3K mile hardtop/solidroof TTA.
He has a pubic hair under 7K mileage TTA that he advertises as a 6K mileage car. I believe that it's actual mileage is 6,9XX. Depends on how you look at it. If you look at it as "Is it in the 6's, then yes, it is a 6K mileage car. If you look at it from the buyers standpoint, IMHO, it is a 7K mileage car. Glass half full, glass half empty. It appears to be a very beautiful car, and it is exceptionally rare. Between cloth and leather interior, something like 39 or 43 total solid roof cars like that out there.
The blackout/silver Turbo-T that he had was an exceptional looking car, also.
If yourf car is for sale, please e-mail me some pics of it, and a list of the options, and your price.

GNX Guy (Joe Harrington):
It's not like there is someone out there in the world, Joe that has not admired those pics of your car. In my case, it's more like:
I am somewhat under $ 30 K
What do I have to do to get that thing through Ca smog?
The $ 2.5 they get for an enclosed trip from coast to coast would add to the cost of the purchase somewhat.
And I am not too sure how I feel about cages on cars used primarily for the street, even though I know that you are not supposed to play around on the street, cages are a good idea for a car as quick as yours, street or not, and who the hell wants to roll down the street or track, upside down, without a roll bar/cage. Do you have the inner fenderwells currently off of that car? It is, without a doubt, a strikingly beautiful ride.
Tease me some more, I'm up to it & I might cave in.

Gary (Wells),

I tried to E-mail ya but it kept saying undeliverable, at this address:
gary-I-wells@msn.com, anyhow, heres the specs on the Limited, get me an
e-mail address so I can send you the pics (by the way you have you PM box off as well),

The car is Dark Grey Hartop, no Vynil (Sp) roof, Concert Sound, Cornering Lights, Factory trunk kit, Factory GM Mats, grey Velor interior w/split bench, took second place at E/Town Buick show in September._ All Stock except I added Walpro Pump, and Entire Spring Cleaning, interestingly it even had the Original Air Filter! I bought it with 6,200mi, it now has 10,460mi.

_ As far as Turners TTA, YES I did know it had 6,900mi., that was a Misprint, but as you know TTA are REAL Soft right now and I 'MAY' have worked out a decent (Not Excellent) price on it, but I've been looking for a HARDTOP TTA for nearly 10 years and this oportunity may not pop up again for years, so I'm going to go for it!!!

Thanks
(I'll have those Pics out to you this afternoon)
Brian
(610)927-3492

I understand, yes, the fenderwells are all in place just like they were from the factory, nothing has changed on the car except the driveline. It has a full interior, etc.

As far as CA smog, I'm not an expert there. Here in Illinois, I have applied for and have received an Illinois emissions exemption for the past several years.

I don't think transportation would be quite that much.

You could always remove the roll cage :)

I'd post more pictures of the car, but right now, its stored 8 feet in the air on my lift. I hope to get around to getting it down and taking more of the pictures I want to take to really show the quality of the car off.

Thanks for the questions.

If I can be of help in answering any questions even if its not on this car, please call me at 630-707-0200. I just like to talk Buicks.

Joe

Originally posted by Wells
GNX Guy (Joe Harrington):
It's not like there is someone out there in the world, Joe that has not admired those pics of your car. In my case, it's more like:
I am somewhat under $ 30 K
What do I have to do to get that thing through Ca smog?
The $ 2.5 they get for an enclosed trip from coast to coast would add to the cost of the purchase somewhat.
And I am not too sure how I feel about cages on cars used primarily for the street, even though I know that you are not supposed to play around on the street, cages are a good idea for a car as quick as yours, street or not, and who the hell wants to roll down the street or track, upside down, without a roll bar/cage. Do you have the inner fenderwells currently off of that car? It is, without a doubt, a strikingly beautiful ride.
Tease me some more, I'm up to it & I might cave in.

I plan on having my car in Bowling Green. You can drive it home.

Joe

Originally posted by 1 OF 1035
i guess i will find one with a astroroof somewhere even if i half to go to Bowling Green but there everyone allways jacks there prices up but cas talks if you know what i mean!!!!

Stepping on toes and feelings

Good luck on your search...

As for Kirbans and buick forums, I THINK the prices are too high, and I do not understand why people go to Kirban and other Buick boards. If you know what you are looking for and YOU know the prices, then the right car will come along. Just like buying a house offer low and come back... again... you have the power to buy!!

This past summer I saw a mint low mileage GN (under 20k mi) for sale and asking price $20k, and it was outside for the summer everyday! Locally near Seymour, Wisconsin... if is still for sale you could offer them $15,000 CASH since it has been for sale now almost 9 months! Under 500 mile GN -- expect to pay out of the wazooo...

Life changes and you best be in the right place and have cash or financing available, NO B.S.

Yes you will find deals at Bowling Green and No the prices are not higher, if you know what you are seeking and willing to pay... Jump on it... it may not be there long....

My original GN has t-tops and yes it leaks with direct water pressure sprayed at the t-tops, but that is because of the seals! Simple fix but mine is original since May 1987 when it was built. No it is not a daily driver, but I did put on 12,000 miles my first year to make sure that the 1 year 12,000 mile warranty would be used. I had no intention of keeping it, ever!!!

15,000 miles my first year, and 21,000 miles the last 17 years equals 36,000 miles. I have not driven it over 100 miles on any given day since 1989. But I do like to get it out and use it to enjoy the feeling of V6 turbo.

The really hard part is driving the GN to Bowling Green (adding 1,200 miles in one week -- ummmm should I trailer it or drive it??). Again, it is 25 year GS Nationals Silver Anniversary and might as well drive it there -- than trailer it. My GN will never be for sale, so does the mileage really matter!!! Not really but what kind of excitment is there trailering GN vs driving it to BG 2005. Either way, I have to buy fuel, GN 27 MPG or Truck and trailer 6-9 MPG.

Once again, yes it is nice to have a low mileage car, but you get what you pay for, sometimes, 300 mile GN was sold for $21.5 k year or 2 ago. and Yes it originally was $30k car for sale.

in my words... CASH IS KING!!

If you really know what exactly you seek and have cash, I will post an ad on my website www.gnregistry.com and give your email and contact info and then just sit back and relax...

Kinda like fishing....

PS most cars are stored in the cold weather states, so wait and see what shows up in the next couple months...

Be Patient grasshopper.... let it come to you!

NOTE: These 1987 cars are getting closer to 20 years old, the prices are sure to increase, so buy now or pay more later.

later
Brett

Thanks Brett i am 41 years old and not a tire kicker i have cash and ready to buy the right car low milage a plus plus no repaints astro roof prefered!

Heres something, how the hell is it that KIRBAN, or more importantly his mythical "Buyers" can find a MINT 5,300mi GN for ~20,000 EVEN, and then he pays his "Buyers" thier commision, and puts it in his Inner Circle for $23,500??? Not knocking Kirban, but everyone here scours the country for these great Bargans and Kirban seems to get them about 20-30 times a year!!! I'm just guessing at his commision, but he has to pay his Buyers, pay Dave to put in Body Bushings, Mats and whatever else, AND make his profit on TOP of that!!

FWIW & IMHO:
I am neither condonning nor condemming Dennis Kirban here, but more than likely the people with cars for sale contact Dennis Kirban, and not the other way around. The people who sell cars either back to Kirban or to Kirban are the same type of people who buy a new car from a dealer and then trade it back in a few years later. Some people just do not want to deal with other people such as in a car buying/selling situation other than dealers. Some people do not want strangers to their house due to ripoffs and such. They do not want other people driving their cars. Avoids advertising and such, just call Dennis.
As far as 20 to 30 deals a year, even Kirban's sales are slowing down. Notice that Kirban only has 1 car for sale on his site currently. Some people just feel safer selling & buyuing to and from dealers only. Also, even though Dennis Kirban is probably the most famous of the people who specialize in buying and reselling GN/GNX/T-TYPE/TURBO-T/TTA/SYCLONE/TYPHOON because he started first, there are several others out there doing the same thing. This is not an endorsement for anybody buying or selling cars, I am only noting some observations that I have made over the last couple of years in this area.

In 1999 I sold my 6000 mile GN to Kirban without really knowing who he was. I bought the car about a year ealier for $15,300 and the car had 5300 miles. I was advertising the car for $17,000 in the Autotrader when Kirban called. He low balled me the first time he called and he hadn't even seen the car. I told him the price was firm at 16k, and he called back a couple of weeks later asking if the car was still for sale. He agreed to pay $16,000 for the car pending an inspection from one of his buyers. The transaction went smoothly and he sent me a letter a few weeks later. The letter explained how he changed out the bottles and added the missing bushings.....he also included a copy of his book, which I thought was pretty cool.

I'm guessing he found a buyer for my car before he bought it from me. I can't say for sure, but looking at his vehicles sold list I think he got around $19,000 for my car. I think he gets a lot of requests for cars and he shops to meet the demand....taking a cut off the top.

once it hits page three it over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hopefully someone will get rid of there garage queen soon!!!!