Will 20 Grand buy a Low Milage 87 G/N with Astroroof

1 OF 1035

title says it all will 20 grand or around 20 buy a 87 astro roof low miles under 20 thousand miles all original G/N ?? i am looking for one that is mint low milage with original paint!!

WantedTo Buy 87 G/N low milage with astro roof

looking for a 87 G/N with low milage under 20 thousand all original with astro roof with original paint looking for something to show have cash will travel!!

I know you can. If you don't have to have one right now then you can find one for a very good price if you look around a bit.

I sold a WE4 TTop car with 18,000 miles on it last year for 13.5K. Dont pay a ridiculously high fee for a low mileage car. Look at places other than the Buick boards.The market is fairly soft right now and and you can pick up a decent car reasonably priced.

Naah Ray not cheatin just lookin LOL, i just really dont think you want to sell your car and its ok thats why i posted this!:D

at 20k youd prob get some arse with that as well as the kitchen sink thats alot of smack for a low mile gn uaually seen them acually sell around 15k

Originally posted by EightSecV6
I sold a WE4 TTop car with 18,000 miles on it last year for 13.5K. Dont pay a ridiculously high fee for a low mileage car. Look at places other than the Buick boards.The market is fairly soft right now and and you can pick up a decent car reasonably priced.

I'll be Devil's advocate to the market is soft theory. That is true to the extent that higher mileage and modified cars apply to. However, NICE low mileage GN's are commanding a good dollar. I paid $17,000 for a really nice 27k mile hardtop, so I would say it's realistic to pay around 20k for what you are looking for. I searched for months to find the right car.

Collectors want low mileage GN's - it's no secret these cars are rising in value like all musclecars right now. Hemmings even did a story on them recently poining to their collectability and increasing values.

There's a doctor that works with my wife that has a 38k mile GN w/Astro roof that he is thinking of selling, and is mostly all original and wants $18k for it. I can get more info or contact info if you're interested. He doesn't frequent any of the forums that I'm aware of.
The only mods he listed for her when she asked was GNX bushing, and blue silicon IC uppipe couplers.

thanks but i was looking for one with lower miles but i appreciate you telling me about it thanks !!

I paid 12k (maybe a little too much considering the condition), for my 87 astroroof, but its a high mile one. Had 107k miles on it. I think 20k could easily find you a nice one. The astroroof is pretty awesome when you're stuck in traffic on the way home from work, and you can just lean back and look at the stars. Its the little things......;)

A couple of months ago I purchased an 87 GN with Astroroof with 4,700 miles for $19,700. Like someone else said, there are very few of these cars that haven't been molested in one way or another. You can still replace almost every part on these cars, but you can never roll back the miles! I think $20,000 is a pretty realistic figure for a loaded, unmolested 87 GN with less than 7,500 miles. In 1987 only 2,560 Regals (all models) were built with the factory Astroroof. I haven't been able to find the figure on how many of those Regals were GN's, but whatever the number there weren't very many of them.

You never know, I've done crazier things. I swore I was gonna drive this one (this is my second low mileage GN), but that hasn't really happened much. I find myself in the same boat I was with my first one.....the car is perfect and I am afraid of screwing it up. So there it sits covered in my garage.....I even insulated my garage since bringing the car home. I plan on driving it on really nice days, but they are few and far between. I bought the car as an early Christmas gift from my wife. I had my choice between the GN or a Harley. I wish I could have both, but I probably can't afford either:)

let me know im in the market i have another one lined up with t tops but im unsure on t tops but its a nice one!!!

Wait for Bowling Green this year and bring a truck and trailor with ya. Then you can pick the best one. Lots to choose from. Then ask the owner if he is interested in selling and make him a offer.