widebands matched to calibration disk or ECM?

summit

Just got a replacement wideband for my older FAST system in today. Problem is I told Harry at Precision the wrong serial number off the box. Can I still use the sensor with its matching calibration disk or is there really something in the box that it has to be setup for? I would think the wideband could move from box to box as long as you install its calibration disk, but Precision always wants to know the serial numbers off the box. Any idea why?

Greg Kring
Arlington, Texas

As long as you have the calibration disk your all set.The disk sets your ecu to the new o2

If the serial number you provided doesn't match the ECU, the calibration disk won't install. The file looks for the serial number of the ECU and if it doesn't match it will give you an error.

After phone calls to Precision and a 10 minute call to FAST Tech line I have the answer. The serial number is important. The calibration file is specific to the ecm and imbedded in the calibration program. You can not just change the file name on the disk, the information in the file will still be wrong. FAST is emailing me the correct file. I guess this means noone can stock spare wideband sensors for a FAST because you will still need the custom calibration file from FAST to install it.

Greg