Wideband

^ This guy

There is a lot of data that flows in and it's kind of hard to watch gauges and drive. Log and look later
Very true, the faster you get the less time you have for looking around....PowerLogger time

Ya hopefully I can get it fast enough so I don't have time to look at gauge. Lol. But that is a good point.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I would like to know what you guys are looking at? I have plenty of time to glance at my wideband in third..Where it counts.
I would never tune my car flogging it and then see what kinda damage I did in a log.

I would like to know what you guys are looking at? I have plenty of time to glance at my wideband in third..Where it counts.
I would never tune my car flogging it and then see what kinda damage I did in a log.

Right now I'm looking at an open hole in the pillar waiting for the wideband:-D but it seems like most of the kits come with the gauges. The plx gen3 says it has a touch screen gauge

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Boost, fuel pressure, knock and perhaps an AFR ....I guess you would wanna make sure all is good while making a pass, hence the need for logging the run

I have tried glancing at the knock gauge boost fp etc during a mid 11sec run. It's not easy. For me it's audible knock alarm log it and forget it til I'm safely parked back in the pits. Without pl I'd still be running 12's and have time to watch the gauges.

Maybe you are overestimating the wb. The numbers change so fast to me the gauge is pretty much useless.

The only downside is deciding how to get the wire into the engine compartment. One mine, I cut the bigass plug off, routed the wire through a normal sized hole and soldered it back together. (that day was the day I learned my tool was too big to extract the wires from the PLX plug)

So 'Ed from Iowa', care to elaborate on just what part of this post (that comes from personal first hand experience with the exact huge PLX wideband plug) is 'dumb'?

I swear it's like there's certain members of this board that thrive on leaving bad information in the archives just in case someone decides to do a search.

I swear it's like there's certain members of this board that thrive on leaving bad information in the archives just in case someone decides to do a search.
Its like listening to people at the local "advance zone" the other day they told someone that you shouldn't build a motor for E85 unless you want to double the amount of fuel you use and change you plugs and oil every 100 miles...

I also hear that Grand Nationals are cool but the turbos are bad about 'going out'. (whatever TF that means)

One of them told me one time that his stock LS1 is faster and I should have bought the gnx cause it came with a twin turbo v8

Sorry earlbrown!!! I had no idea I did that. Must of happened thumbing though my iPad!!! I'm just reading this thread learning. My apologies!