Wideband

84 Sleeper

I've been looking at a couple different wideband set ups and not quite sure if one is better than the other. The plx gen3 looks good and was looking at arm and auto meter. Any input would be great and even if I need one or not. Thanks

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I can't say one is better than the other but I'm perfectly happy with my PLX unit. Plus I think it's the cheapest of the three and the price just went down recently.

Ya I was definitely into the plx. Is there any type of learning curve with the plx?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

The only downside is deciding how to get the wire into the engine compartment. One mine, I cut the bigass plug off, routed the wire through a normal sized hole and soldered it back together. (that day was the day I learned my tool was too big to extract the wires from the PLX plug)

The only downside is deciding how to get the wire into the engine compartment. One mine, I cut the bigass plug off, routed the wire through a normal sized hole and soldered it back together. (that day was the day I learned my tool was too big to extract the wires from the PLX plug)
I don't think I've ever had a problem with my tool being "too big" lol. Ok but seriously I've heard great things about the plx and aem until, but I don't recall talking to anyone or seeing anyone running an auto meter wideband?

Took the speedo plug out of the firewall. You have room to get the big ass plug thru. I have the AEM, don't know if one is better then the other:cautious:

Oh, I didn't care about the readout as I use my scamaster. No reason to spend money on the display.

Last edited:
I use the AEM inline and PLX 3 and mine is hooked up to the powerlogger so my scanmaster reads AFR and fast as heck too .

There's plenty of room with the PLX to go in through the shifter cable hole. it's bigger for a bigger plug (giggity)

What's the best bang for the buck? Do you need a power logger to get it to show up on the scan master?

What about a wide band with a gauge? I don't know if I want to get a powerlogger, I might go a different route with the ECM later on.

take the money you'd save from not buying a gauge and put it towards the powerlogger.

I'm not positive but I believe that you have to also buy the WB sensor and module to go with that gauge. Might want to double check to be sure.
It all comes in the kit...sensor, gauge, 2 interchangeable display faces and wiring...its a good price and works well.

take the money you'd save from not buying a gauge and put it towards the powerlogger.

^ This guy

There is a lot of data that flows in and it's kind of hard to watch gauges and drive. Log and look later