wideband

workingdan

What is the best wideband to use on our cars? I am thinking of getting a TT6.0 chip and using the wideband with my powerlogger.

I am running the Innovate Motorsports # 3871 XD-16 Standalone with LC-1 gauge kit. I also have a Turbo Tweak Chip and it works great.

Jason

Using the LC-1 Innovate here. No need for the gauge if you have a Scanmaster with the updated chip in it. I have everything mounted behind the glovebox.

I have been leaning towards the LC1. I will not be using a gage. I can veiw thru my labtop with the powerlogger. :biggrin:

I have been leaning towards the LC1. I will not be using a gage. I can veiw thru my labtop with the powerlogger. :biggrin:

Ya, but you don't always want to have to rely on a laptop for your WB readings. If you have PL, then you probably have the update in your scanmaster (or should!). Read your WBO2's right off the scanmaster! :biggrin:

I'm not sure how you would watch the O2 sensor come up to temp before starting the car. Also not sure how you would calibrate the O2 sensor with out the X-16 gage. I'm not saying that it's not possible just don't know how you do it with out the gauge.

Chuck

Last edited:
Not sure about that. The WBO2 (PLX) that I run requires no calibration. (you know, sorta like all new cars these days. You wont find any WB calibration on them either) :wink: :wink:

Yes my scanmaster in updated. That is a good idea. I dont want to put anymore gauges in my interior. I have been looking at the plx too. I like the idea of not having to calibrate the WB.:D Do you like your PLX/? Does it seem to be accurate?

Ya, but you don't always want to have to rely on a laptop for your WB readings. If you have PL, then you probably have the update in your scanmaster (or should!). Read your WBO2's right off the scanmaster! :biggrin:

Yes my scanmaster in updated. That is a good idea. I dont want to put anymore gauges in my interior. I have been looking at the plx too. I like the idea of not having to calibrate the WB.:D Do you like your PLX/? Does it seem to be accurate?

It's been working flawlessly form almost a year now. The product is good. The Tech support from them sucks bad though. They don't have a clue about Turbo Regals. Fortunately assembly and install is pretty easy.

cool thanks.
ps I will be calling you for a cold air kit soon. Thanks
It's been working flawlessly form almost a year now. The product is good. The Tech support from them sucks bad though. They don't have a clue about Turbo Regals. Fortunately assembly and install is pretty easy.

I'm not sure how you would watch the O2 sensor come up to temp before starting the car. Also not sure how you would calibrate the O2 sensor with out the X-16 gage. I'm not saying that it's not possible just don't know how you do it with out the gage.

Chuck

If you have the LC-1 hooked up to the ScanMaster you can watch it come up to temp right on the SM. The LC-1 comes with a diode and pushbutton you wire in for calibration or to read trouble codes. Not too bad to install :cool: .

LC-1 here too. I know others have not had such good luck them but mine has been in the car for well over a year now with no issues. Watching and recalling the wbo2 on the scanmaster is a cool feature. You can do that with any wideband you choose as long as the scanmaster is updated and interfaced with the powerlogger.

Rick

Just a note, when using the LC-1, the analog readings from the LC-1 to the Powerlogger will most likely have ground offsets due to the different input location of the brown wire, even if you have everything grounded properly. In my case, on my initial setup, the Powerlogger was reading two whole points differently from what the XD-16 was displaying :eek: This can be easily compensated for by adjusting the "Analog 1" input properties on the Powerlogger to compensate. Just don't want a bunch of people running bad numbers and/or a bad tune as a result. Even a 0.05 volt offset can throw things off quite significantly.