Wideband wiring question

G. Price

I just got my new wideband unit. The wiring for the unit calls for peak/recall and warning WOT switch to be wired to a wide open throttle switch. The directions say to connect to a good engine ground via a normally open, momentarily closed wide open throttle switch. Any ideas where this wire should be tied into? Thanks in advance.

Our cars don't have a "normally open, momentarily closed wide open throttle switch". So if you want that peak recall and warning feature active you'll have to figure out a way to add such a switch somewhere out near the throttle body.
What kind of a WBO2 setup is this? Most of us aren't overly concerned with the bling features like that, just use them for tuning and monitoring by a scantool. Which BTW if you don't have, you better invest in one.

I got an Auto Meter #3378. I know it is not used much if any on our cars but I'm pretty anal and wanted it to match the rest of my gauges. The only scan tool I have is a scanmaster. I was hoping to hook this portion up so I could have a warning if I start running lean and to be able to see where I was at after a wide open pass. Any suggestions?

this is actually easy to do/install.
mount the switch on the throttle body so its triggered at wot. then run one terminal to ground,the other to the wideband controller.when the switch is activated by wot,the switch will send a ground "trigger" to the wideband. i dont think you need this for the wideband to work,just needed for the recall option?

Auto Meter

Here is a link to the wideband I got. There is a link to the install directions at the upper left if anyone needs to see what I'm talking about.