2 Step Not Activating

TireFryer

The New Kid
So I installed a Bob Bailey 2 step today. I spliced the white B4 wire on the ECM harness, The white 2 step wire to the ECM side, and the grey 2 step to the engine side of the B4 wire, as the instructions state. I started the car and both the Trig and Run LED's flashed once then the Run LED was solid as the instructions stated would. I flipped the switch that I wired to the Grey (retard) and the Brown (2 step limit) wires and the Trig LED came on as the instructions stated it would (I could hear the 8* of retard activate as i flipped the switch) . I then slowly revved the engine and the Trig LED started blinking as it should signaling that it was limiting the rpm to the set 2300 rpm, but the engine went right passed the setting up until i let off the gas. I checked and rechecked my wiring confirming that the unit was activating, but nothing would work. The LED flashes at 2300 and the car should "2step" at that point but it doesn't. I've read some ignition modules don't like the 2 step and that people have swapped the ICM and it worked perfectly. Any ideas? thoughts? the car runs strong and doesn't stall or anything. Let me know on any thoughts!

Thanks

Do you have the fuse adapter installed just like this pic:

2step.jpg

Ok I’m the bad guy here. I removed it from my car after installing a TR-6
I have the fuse adapter, but for the life of me I can’t tell were the pink wire went?
Was it soldered to the lower fuse slot?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    664.9 KB · Views: 18
Ok I’m the bad guy here. I removed it from my car after installing a TR-6
I have the fuse adapter, but for the life of me I can’t tell were the pink wire went?
Was it soldered to the lower fuse slot?
That's what it looks like.