Different valve body on my 200r4

Matt McClung

Hotair guy who owns a I/C
I have a transmission built by art carr that I got from them 18 years ago. It has held up really well, still shifts great, have done fluid and filter changes more often than I need. Anyway, last year I put a powerlogger onto my ECM and started tuning, but noticed that the logger is showing 3rd and 4th gear are engaged all the time. The TCC works fine though. Well, I figured I would check the wiring to the pressure switches the next time I took the pan down, I did that today and found only one pressure switch in the fourth gear position and no place to put a switch in the third gear pressure port (capped off with no threads) also the fourth gear pressure switch that is there is reverse operation (normally open and closes with pressure) I’m guessing that it was set up this way so the TCC clutch ground hooked up to the switch and would engage when in fourth gear. My TCC is grounded from the ECM like it should be so the pressure switch that is there is doing nothing and hooked to nothing. What should I do when it comes to letting the ECM know when I’m in first and second gear? I’ve been tuning the fourth gear WOT parameters only because of this.

Last edited:
tt chip will swicth from the 1-2 3-4 parameters by speed usually around 67mph provided your MPH is correct ,
if you ground the 3rd and 4th wires the flags will be off
tranny-wiring-diag.jpg

I knew that if I ground both circuits the flags would turn off, but I did not know the extender chip would switch from 1-2 to 3-4 automatically at a certain speed. That is good to know as I was afraid to ground the circuits and risk having to much timing in 3-4 at WOT.

extender isnt what i call a TT chip , dont know how that one handles it

turbobob or eric may know

extender isnt what i call a TT chip , dont know how that one handles it

turbobob or eric may know

I was mistaken, I have a turbotweak 6.1 wideband chip. I’ll call Eric and see if this chip will do the switch to 3-4 automatically.
Thanks