Wide band o2

87hottness

Just got my power logger wanted to know what everyone is using for a wideband sensor thanks

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Aem here works perfect...even mounted in the primary 02 spot before turbo cause I'm running open loop and it still works perfect...I'm generous with leaded fuel and it's been on two different cars on the past 2 years driven almost daily....I do let the sensor warm up every time though

I use AEM inline in one car and PLX in the other car and they both work perfect , PLX was the Best bang for the buck and very easy to install also .

Can I just buy the wideband o2 sensor without the gauge and use my scanmaster to read it ?

Can I just buy the wideband o2 sensor without the gauge and use my scanmaster to read it ?

That's the way I do it. BUT.... For the Scanmaster to read a WB O2, you need Powerlogger to receive the WB signal.

Like Dave says that is the way to do it without a separate gauge , use the 2.2 chip that comes with your PL and install it in the SM and hook it to the analog board and you have very fast updating system for information of the engine vitals .

Just so there is no confusion, a WB sensor requires a controller to run it. With some units the controller is embedded within the gauge. Others have a standalone 'black box' to run the WB sensor. The controller runs the WB sensor and converts the reported Lambda value into an AFR value for the end user.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Just so there is no confusion, a WB sensor requires a controller to run it. With some units the controller is embedded within the gauge. Others have a standalone 'black box' to run the WB sensor. The controller runs the WB sensor and converts the reported Lambda value into an AFR value for the end user.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Like my PLX it has a very small box that runs it and AEM inline is all built into one with no gauge just wiring , no gauge is required if you plug into the PL and let the SM do it for you

AEM Uego with gauge as the controller. No hassles, plug and play harness. That O2 is at the bottom of the down pipe and my XFI O2 is up near the turbo.