Why so few westerners post?

Ken Cunningham

Post No Bills
Look at the statistics. No area forum has fewer posts than the Southwest. Hawaii has over 10x the posts we do!

Just trying to up our count here.

We are all working 2 and 3 jobs to pay for the $500,000 houses and $60,000 GN's. Don't have the time to even take a sh!t.
Jeff

Just found this section. Good questions on why no Cali posts.

I am out here in the Mojave desert, the only T for miles. There is a GN in Kernville but that is the nearest one I have ever seen.

Where in the Mojave? I know of 3 in Apple Valley and 3 more in Victorville.

reply to "Why so Few post"

Well guys, If all you Buick Turbo owners would participate in some of the BGNRA club functions I think all of us Turbo owners would be talking together and doing more posting on this site as well as others.
Thanks for the time: Steve Hurst, President-BGNRA

Re: reply to "Why so Few post"

Originally posted by hurstbuick
Well guys, If all you Buick Turbo owners would participate in some of the BGNRA club functions I think all of us Turbo owners would be talking together and doing more posting on this site as well as others.
Thanks for the time: Steve Hurst, President-BGNRA

El Torito....great.

Out here in Kingman AZ,nobody even knows what these cars are,everybodys a Chev. NUT,thats kinda good though cause I own three, pd 300 for one and 1000 for the other two.

I live at Edwards and have had my T in ridgecrest afew few times. In Korea now should be back next jan.

KB Headers,noticed you use them,any good??

In your signature,I noticed you are using KB headers,are they the dual stage collector design ?? I`ve never talked to anyone who have used these . How do they work ,any good ??

I remember all the enthusiasm when these cars first hit the streets. at the time they were the leading adge of technology &
challanging. Turbos were starting to catch on & there was a lot of excitment. Now it seems to be the imports that have taken the place. I think us diehards are also ageing as well as our cars. I think what turns me on now is the collector aspect of these cars.
It's so rare to see an unmolested one. I think the best way to keep things going.Is to keep in touch with one another. By the way when is the last time one of you jokers called me. Just to say hello. To set the record straight. I sold off the non Buick part of my business & have scaled back a bit. I am maintaining a portion of the building to still work for my favorite friends & customers. I have invested too much of my time to let it go. Regards Lou

Originally posted by turbolou
I remember all the enthusiasm when these cars first hit the streets. at the time they were the leading adge of technology &
challanging. Turbos were starting to catch on & there was a lot of excitment. Now it seems to be the imports that have taken the place. I think us diehards are also ageing as well as our cars. I think what turns me on now is the collector aspect of these cars.
It's so rare to see an unmolested one. I think the best way to keep things going.Is to keep in touch with one another. By the way when is the last time one of you jokers called me. Just to say hello. To set the record straight. I sold off the non Buick part of my business & have scaled back a bit. I am maintaining a portion of the building to still work for my favorite friends & customers. I have invested too much of my time to let it go. Regards Lou

Originally posted by turbolou
... By the way when is the last time one of you jokers called me. Just to say hello. ... Regards Lou

Lou, I'm sorry I haven't called you.... It's just that every time I do, I can hear you chokin' the chicken (squirsh-squirsh-squirsh), and then you've got to go find a roll of toilet paper while I'm paying long-distance rates. It's probably better if we just continue to correspond by email. Beetch.

Originally posted by Mac in SD
Lou, I'm sorry I haven't called you.... It's just that every time I do, I can hear you chokin' the chicken (squirsh-squirsh-squirsh), and then you've got to go find a roll of toilet paper while I'm paying long-distance rates. It's probably better if we just continue to correspond by email. Beetch.
Choking my chicken! Thanks alot! Now everyone knows. But its mine & I will do what ever I want with it. Plus it's a lot more fun than changeing head gaskets LOL

Umm, from a new guy, SW area is not CA

I posted this (below), in the tech section because of my Mid-western upbringing, I don't think of CA as Southwest; maybe change label to Southwest and CA. I had looked at the groups listing and completely passed this over. Taffy pointed the error of my ways. That said

Can anyone help me?

And to answer Taffy, the engine mods are minimal/unknown- Likely LT1 MAF and Translater, w/ cone K&N
Stock chip? and injectors
Cat is, shall we say, out of the bag.
Oh and its a GNX clone with some suspension mods. I have to find a list the co-owner once made.

Biggest issue I think it has is a sloppy trans. I just don't know what its suppose to feel like, or sound like, etc.

"Any experts in LA's South Bay?
Any Turbo Buick groups in LA?

So I have a 87 Regal Turbo (WE4 I think, but thats not important), and am new to Turbo Buicks.

The car has been in several hands, and my basic question is does it perform as it should, which of course can only be experienced.

My experience is with V8 Firebirds, and my 94 TA could walk on this car, which doesn't seem right. But I've had the TA since new, so I know what it should feel like.

Before getting this car, last time I was in a Turbo Buick was circa 1986 and remember from 15 mph that it rocked; this one doesn't seem to have the same oomph.

Anyone near Torrance CA that can advise me on what the car should perform like. Motor as I know it is near stock (which is most of my questions), suspension has some mods.
Send me a PM please.

Ken B"

Ken
If you want to make a trip to Apple Valley which is about 60 miles from you I will be more than happy to share any knowledge I have gained from my 18 years of experience with turbo buicks. Email me.

REG