Why so few westerners post?

Lou Czarnota is in Lake Forest, not too far from Torrance, and he knows the Turbo Regals as well as anyone. He'll treat you right.

A 94 TA should not walk over a well-running 87 T. I've had the opportunity to see a couple of neglected Turbo Regals, and their performace does drop off drastically when the sensors go bad or are out of adjustment. The drivers side header is usually cracked, which throws the oxygen sensor off. The throttle position sensor is usually way high or way low, which degrades your idle and off-idle performance. When you step on one of these cars when it's way out of spec, the car will start to detonate like crazy. The response of the computer is to retard the timing and the car will run like a dog. Etc, etc.

The difference between a basically sound TR and one that's been neglected is like night and day.

Hey all,

I didnt even know this section existed. I always go to the main board. I have a WE-4 with a few mods, runs great, thanks to Mr. Neal/brutalsix..............Life is wonderful in Sun Diego!

Re: Umm, from a new guy, SW area is not CA

Ken,

I'm not to far from you in L.A........you could also give Hye Tech Performance a call and explain your problem.....I'm pretty sure BIG SOD can sort out any problem you might have and answer a couple of questions if you got 'um....... his # is (626) 855-1154

Later,
Mack

Originally posted by KenB 87 TT
I posted this (below), in the tech section because of my Mid-western upbringing, I don't think of CA as Southwest; maybe change label to Southwest and CA. I had looked at the groups listing and completely passed this over. Taffy pointed the error of my ways. That said

Can anyone help me?

And to answer Taffy, the engine mods are minimal/unknown- Likely LT1 MAF and Translater, w/ cone K&N
Stock chip? and injectors
Cat is, shall we say, out of the bag.
Oh and its a GNX clone with some suspension mods. I have to find a list the co-owner once made.

Biggest issue I think it has is a sloppy trans. I just don't know what its suppose to feel like, or sound like, etc.

"Any experts in LA's South Bay?
Any Turbo Buick groups in LA?

So I have a 87 Regal Turbo (WE4 I think, but thats not important), and am new to Turbo Buicks.

The car has been in several hands, and my basic question is does it perform as it should, which of course can only be experienced.

My experience is with V8 Firebirds, and my 94 TA could walk on this car, which doesn't seem right. But I've had the TA since new, so I know what it should feel like.

Before getting this car, last time I was in a Turbo Buick was circa 1986 and remember from 15 mph that it rocked; this one doesn't seem to have the same oomph.

Anyone near Torrance CA that can advise me on what the car should perform like. Motor as I know it is near stock (which is most of my questions), suspension has some mods.
Send me a PM please.

Ken B"

Thanks for your support

Guys
I have to go out of town, but later next week I will be taking your advice on who I can talk too, really need to get on with understanding this car.

Oh, my 94 TA is not quite stock (not heavily mod'ed either), but thats not important.

Thanks

Ken

PS Brutal 6 ?

Re: Brutal 6 Racing

Thanks Freddie!!

How's the house hunting coming along?? Think we can sneak you away for some much needed racing on May 31st??? Did you get the tranny fixed yet?? Let me know how things are going!!

Later,
Mack
Originally posted by FreddieWilliams
Ken,

See the Brutal 6 Racing link in my signature below.

Hey crash and wicked6 when you guys going to take YOUR cars to the track come on everyone b#$th about it being closed now it seems slower then ever

Johnny

hope to see you guys and try to drag botlefed