Why does Chuck E Cheese serve beer?

I thought it was to make the big rat prettier...and some of the moms....

They serve beer in McDonald's in Mexico and Europe from my experience with little problem. Parents are either responsible or not.
So does that mean McDonald's feels Mexican and European parents are more responsible than American parents?

You are correct.

I don’t see a problem with someone having a beer or two with their pizza or a meal anywhere?

So, should we not have a beer at the restaurant if your kids are with you?

Should you hide your kids eyes every time someone raises a pint?

Should you not stop at the store to buy beer if your kids are with you?

Should you not . . .

Responsibility is the key. Some of us have it and some do not.

From what I see in public eateries, its more than not.

I will say though. Selling beer in chuck Cheese, is like the Pharmacies selling cigarettes. It just doesn’t seem right.

D
I'm referring more to activities which you do with/for your kids. I don't take my kid to Chuck E for the food.

So does that mean McDonald's feels Mexican and European parents are more responsible than American parents?

Than American parents? Apparently yes and I agree. And in a subdivision, I have no problem drinking a beer while trick or treating either.

Than American parents? Apparently yes and I agree. And in a subdivision, I have no problem drinking a beer while trick or treating either.
In what subdivision in the US is it legal to drink in public? If you don't think it's wrong to drink in the street while chaperoning your kids as they're out trick or treating.....then I guess McDonald's is right.

In what subdivision in the US is it legal to drink in public? If you don't think it's wrong to drink in the street while chaperoning your kids as they're out trick or treating.....then I guess McDonald's is right.
I can see why you and I disagree on so many subjects. You think there should be laws and enforcement on every aspect of life. And I think it is a free country and I am free to do what I want as long as I'm not harming others. My children are taught right and wrong, they do well with people skills and respecting others.
Having an adult beverage isn't a sin nor is it illegal no matter how wrong you might think it is. I have been to areas where houses have a margarita machine setup as well as handing out candy for the children.
We obviously have different values. I'm sorry you chose not to exercise your freedoms. That doesn't mean you should trample mine.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I can see why you and I disagree on so many subjects. You think there should be laws and enforcement on every aspect of life. And I think it is a free country and I am free to do what I want as long as I'm not harming others. My children are taught right and wrong, they do well with people skills and respecting others.
Having an adult beverage isn't a sin nor is it illegal no matter how wrong you might think it is. I have been to areas where houses have a margarita machine setup as well as handing out candy for the children.
We obviously have different values. I'm sorry you chose not to exercise your freedoms. That doesn't mean you should trample mine.

Margarita machine at Halloween. Brilliant! We used to hand out beers to interested parents.

Then they walked down the street with them!

No children were traumatized and nobody got hurt.

But technically illegal. If that is against the law, that is a law meant to be broken.

I think you are taking what 4timesT is saying, or maybe how he is saying it wrong. The way I see it, nothing good ever came from or or out of alcohol. Of course I was abused and deserted by an alcoholic mom, she died twelve years ago from cirrhosis of the liver. My dad died in May this year when he rolled his car several times after driving home drunk from the Elks Lodge.
See here... http://johnarnoldphotography.zenfolio.com/blog/2014/5/dad-a-trip-to-lay-my-dad-to-rest-may-14-2014 , http://johnarnoldphotography.zenfolio.com/blog/2014/8/honoring-my-dad
Him and his friends were just 'socially' drinking. Now look, I'm not imposing my will on anyone. I just find it sick every time I hear someone say, "I don't drink to get drunk, just to be social and relax." I have NEVER met anyone who didn't drink and at some point acted like an idiot. I am definitely not trampling on your freedoms. I enjoy my liberty very much. I just don't have ANY use for alcohol. I hope you understand...just giving my opinion FWIW.

I guess the people who don't see the harm in needing a drink to enjoy trick or treating with their kids....are already to much of a drunkard to know better.

Next time you're in Church......crack open a cold one to celebrate your personal freedom. It's not a sin, so I'm sure no one will mind.

I think you are taking what 4timesT is saying, or maybe how he is saying it wrong. The way I see it, nothing good ever came from or or out of alcohol. Of course I was abused and deserted by an alcoholic mom, she died twelve years ago from cirrhosis of the liver. My dad died in May this year when he rolled his car several times after driving home drunk from the Elks Lodge.
See here... http://johnarnoldphotography.zenfolio.com/blog/2014/5/dad-a-trip-to-lay-my-dad-to-rest-may-14-2014 , http://johnarnoldphotography.zenfolio.com/blog/2014/8/honoring-my-dad
Him and his friends were just 'socially' drinking. Now look, I'm not imposing my will on anyone. I just find it sick every time I hear someone say, "I don't drink to get drunk, just to be social and relax." I have NEVER met anyone who didn't drink and at some point acted like an idiot. I am definitely not trampling on your freedoms. I enjoy my liberty very much. I just don't have ANY use for alcohol. I hope you understand...just giving my opinion FWIW.
Sorry to hear about your past. :(

I guess the people who don't see the harm in needing a drink to enjoy trick or treating with their kids....are already to much of a drunkard to know better.

Next time you're in Church......crack open a cold one to celebrate your personal freedom. It's not a sin, so I'm sure no one will mind.

I guess people who can't understand drinking one beer don't understand self control. I just like beer and don't care if my child sees me having one responsibly. I prefer to teach her and let her decide things instead of being a sheeple and doing just whatever everyone else says is ok. Never mind that what is wrong even in one state, is ok in the next and vise versa. Are citizens of both states wrong or are they simply right or wrong based only on location and laws in that location? I had one beer tonight while out with my wife and child and then drove home! I was eating for two hours and I'm sure I was within the letter of the law even, but you make it sound like I'll kill a family of seven on my way home or start using heroin next week. I can understand that others don't accept personal responsibility for anything and thus we should legislate/regulate each other until no one has to be responsible or think at all for themselves ever again.

the drinking didn't kill your parents, your parents killed themselves by not controlling their drinking.
it's what got my dad- came home drunk and didn't want to come in the house so he passed out in the running car in the garage. i don't blame the beers he had: i blame the poor choices he made that night that led to his death.
i have several relatives and friends that have had health problems and even died due to their use of alcohol, but i don't blame the Budweiser clydesdales or Captain Morgan..

back to Chuck E Cheese: if the father wants to have a couple of beers to drown out the screaming kids and noisy video games and maybe allow himself to have a little fun while they are there, then why can't they have a couple of beers? as long as the wife somehow stays sober to drive home without going on a killing spree in the arcade part of the place, where's the issue?

No one is forcing you to have any. Sorry you have had such strife. I hope you are able to get over it and be productive.

I suppose I shouldn't drink beer when I'm roasting marshmallows for smores with my kid in the backyard during the summer. I'm a horrible parent. I need church.

I just installed security cameras at a grocery store yesterday that SERVES pints of beer for you to drink while you shop !!!!! Brilliant !!!
Why didn't I think of this ??

Bryan

-++
I guess people who can't understand drinking one beer don't understand self control. I just like beer and don't care if my child sees me having one responsibly. I prefer to teach her and let her decide things instead of being a sheeple and doing just whatever everyone else says is ok. Never mind that what is wrong even in one state, is ok in the next and vise versa. Are citizens of both states wrong or are they simply right or wrong based only on location and laws in that location? I had one beer tonight while out with my wife and child and then drove home! I was eating for two hours and I'm sure I was within the letter of the law even, but you make it sound like I'll kill a family of seven on my way home or start using heroin next week. I can understand that others don't accept personal responsibility for anything and thus we should legislate/regulate each other until no one has to be responsible or think at all for themselves ever again.
I have no problem with having a beer, two or three. I have a problem with having a beer in certain instances or venues. Yes, I have a problem with parents drinking while out with their kids trick or treating, at the playground, at Chuck E Cheese, etc. A reasonable person would realize by now that this is what I'm referring to. I haven't made it sound like anything else.