Why do you love your GN?

Because it is the car everyone talked about the whole time I was growing up. The car always mentioned when the topic of conversation was bad ass balls to the wall cars. Took me 12 years but I got one now:cool:

Nice Monte Carlo comments!

Reason I bought a GN...

I felt I never got enough "Nice Monte Carlo" comments when I drove a Monte Carlo so I bought a GN. Now, I can't swing a dead cat without somebody saying "Nice Monte Carlo"

Honestly, it was one of the cars that I wanted when I was younger. The F-body style never really suited me. Before this I had an ol' LeMans. So this car really has got everything I wanted. Looks, power, you name it.

Plus I love it when the police pull you over and the first question they ask isn't "Do you know how fast you were going???" The first question... "They only made a few thousand of these, didn't they!!" As they let me off with a warning they say... "Nice Monte Carlo!!"

I think Im gonna park one next to the stang so I can have the best of both worlds :cool: Your cars are definitely unique. And that Rustang comment really hurt :(

1987 my employer changed policy on company autos. You buy a vechicle and the co. reimburse monthly and oh yes make sure it's a Ford. At the Ford dealer i test drove a Mustang but the wife didn't like the body style and she likes stangs. The salesrep gave the pitch how fast they were and said the magic words . There is only 1 american car that can beat it. Iam like what%^* i have drove Buicks all my life and my dad too and lived around the corner from a Buick dealer. To the dealer i went seen the GN's before didn't know they were that fast. Test drove one and hmmm
drove, rode and owned 60-70 you name it and nothing felt or looked so :cool: . I bought it my boss was highly :mad: . I just let him know if i left the co iam stuck with a car i like. Everywhere you go people look at the car even today. A year later i left the co. and had a nice car.

Originally posted by stanggt00
I think Im gonna park one next to the stang so I can have the best of both worlds :cool: Your cars are definitely unique. And that Rustang comment really hurt :(
I thought I had the best of both worlds! :D

Nothing like a 'lil V-6 with 330 RWHP and 397 RWT :cool:

Quit being so Modest about having a Lil V-6. Theres nothing little about it. Damn I hate those sleepers ;) Best of both worlds being Ford and GM. Although I do have a Trailblazer next to it right now, does that count? :D

I love both of my GNs

All you have to do is drive my 86 GN and you'll fall in love.As for my other GN it's love at first sight.:cool:

This is all I have to say. I get pulled over by a City Cop at 2:00 AM after blasting from a stop light and he clocked me at 69 in a 35 zone. He gets up to my door and says:

Cop: You think you should be doing that?
Me: It's kinda hard to stay out of it sometimes.
Cop: Nice car, that's the 3.8 turbo motor right?
Me: Yep.
Cop: I'm only going to give you a verbal warning this time.
Me: Thanks.
Cop: One more thing, what's your third light say?
Me: UDLOSE
Cop: Cool. Have a good night.

NUFF SAID!!!! :D

All I have to say in response to the question is, well it was 1987, I was 17 with a driver's licence and my best friend's dad was the service manager at a Buick dealership. Can you say TEST DRIVES.
Yes, brand new GN's, seventeen years old, knowbody knew what this car was. Wow, how can you not fall in love with this car. From the first time behind the wheel I knew I'd own one some day. Apparantly that day did'nt come before a wife and two kids. I'm glad the attraction for this car is still alive today.

Try chirping third :D It's an even bigger rush. While your at it, go for fourth ;)

And after third is "chirped" one time too many in a stang, the chirp becomes a "crunch" and you start looking for something faster.

Originally posted by UNGN
And after third is "chirped" one time too many in a stang, the chirp becomes a "crunch" and you start looking for something faster.
:D :D :D

Try chirping third :D It's an even bigger rush. While your at it, go for fourth ;)

I did chirp 4th in my 5.0 once. It put a big smile on my face because the guy I was racing was right beside it...........in another Mustang. :D

Never had a crunch, or chirped 4th for that matter. More power to ya, i mean in your car :cool: that is. As fer lookin fer sumthin faster, 12's are good enough, for now. Like the sig says, Turbo comin soon :) Just cause I got 2 more cyls, dont mean Sh*t. A Turbo 4 cyl can smoke a non turbo 3.8 6 cyl, and hang with a stock 8 cyl. Your cars ARE awesome! They do alot for what they are. Just out of curiosity, how much power does 15 lbs boost get ya approximately?

Excellent Question

The nice, well-intentioned, friendly (but sometimes misinformed) folks you meet ONLY because of the GN.

EXAMPLE: I'm in & out of a local Auto Parts store maybe twice a week..good service, decent prices, but I'm just "another" customer in a busy store. Had the GN out last week, and stopped
by for a wheel brush...3-minutes, in & gone.

Well, I'm backing out of the parking space, and here comes the Mgr. "Who painted your car...it's so shiny, it was putting my eyes out from inside!" Hehehe...I'm thinking the guy is pulling my leg bigtime---it's the original paint!

I was going to say, no, the car had just been spared from a lot of sun due to a mostly garaged life, but then came "THE" question: "Does this one have the Twin-Turbo option?"

I usually say no, unfortunately it's only got the single, but meanwhile he's looking at every angle of the car, and says: "I had just gotten married when these were new and I wanted one so bad."

The cars really hit a heartnote with a lot of people, and that's probably the very "favorite" part of having one for a lot of us, because we know exactly how they feel. :)