Why do you love your GN?

Rice_eater

Hello, I am new to the site. I my self have always loved GN'S and T-TYPES. But i was currious why you all do? What part of the GN appeals to you? Also what are some things about your car that you dislilke? I am in the market for a good GN-T-TYPE and i was just currious what you all thought about them.

I love my GN and will be buried in it.

It's rare (nowadays), has a legendary and mysterious allure, turbo whistle is music, rides nicely, gets good mileage and seems to be the talk of the road when it's driven. What's not to like??

Originally posted by TT/A1233
and seems to be the talk of the road when it's driven.

I concur, everyone checks out the GN when I drive it. Now I just need some decent weather so I can actually take it out:rolleyes:

First car was an 81 monte carlo Landau t-top, after that it's just been G-bodies other than a few trucks here and there. Owned a LS1 trans am for a while, but i just like the G-body better.

Turbo Buicks

Reasons I love my GN:
1. Attracts more attention than any Camaro I've ever owned (still love Camaros though). People crane their neck to catch a glimpse of it.
2. In a world of V8 musclecars and no-torque ricers, it lays down the smack.
3. It's different. Even though many mistake it for a Monte Carlo.
4.Other drivers simply move aside when they see it bearing down in their rearview mirror.
5. It gets great gas mileage, as long as I'm not beating the snots out of it. :D
6. Oddly enough, ricers are fascinated by it (probably the small motor/turbo combination).
7. Most women I've met seem to dig it. :cool:
8. It's just bad ass. All black, and that intimidating whistle.
9. Being relatively uncommon, it's got a good shot at holding its value.
10. How would you feel if you just got trounced by a 3.8 V6? ;) :D

Steve

I originally bought it because it looked so mean, like it could eat anything up.

Plus, I love all the stares that I get from people, no matter what the age. My car is kind of a legend at school because no one knows much about them other than that they are REALLY fast. In fact, no one even wants to race me because of all the stories they've heard about GN's which is a good thing considering my car is still stock and would probably get owned by just about anything modern.

i pretty much love the GN for all the same reasons, i mean it looks menacing, its got power, as i read some place 'when this car gets going it feels as if the hulk is standing on your chest'... it gets decent gas milage (i get 17 city) when i was used to my old car that only got something like 6-8mpg on 93 octane, and the interior of the GN is awsome too, everyone of my friends who look at my car dont believe such a pimp interior is stock...

heh...

one of the best cars made EVER...

-neil

What are some common problems you all have with it? Is the turbo troublesome? Anything like that? Thanks

One of my reason's is the opposite of some people. I like my T because:
- It's rarely recognized and somewhat discreet. It's nice to cruise around in a car that 99.9% of people don't even notice(especially the police), but .1% will break their neck to get a better look.
- It's unique. It aint pretty, but FEW have one like it on the road. I tend to lean toward the oddball car like my VW that I still own.
- It's smooth and quiet. Very quiet compared to most other cars capable of similar thrust, and can boil the tires at will.
- EVERY car guy that rides in it gets out with a huge grin and is amazed at what they just witnessed. AND my car is ALWAYS the slowest TR on track day!
- It's the car I drooled over in the showroom when I was 18. Too bad I had no money then, but good that I waited until we had all these good go-fast gadgets.

I have not enjoyed a car this much since I was a teenager and simply being able to cruise was a thrill.

I like it for all of the above reasons. It also has some sentimental value because my dad owned one while I was growing up so I've always wanted one. I don't think there are alot of cars out there that can be made to run 11-12 seconds in the quarter mile and still be quiet and comfortable which I think is very cool.

I think the suspension on a stock GN is pretty poor in terms of handling. They do pretty good stock on the drag strip though. I'm planning on addressing that problem so I have a nice 12 second street car that will handle like an F-body at least that's the goal.

I'm on my 2nd GN now which is still brand new so I have no problems to report with that. My 1st one I had 10 years from 17-77k miles. Problems were:

- CRAPPY PowerMaster brake system. Accumulator bowl went a few times.
- Caps come off the door pull straps and at times get lost. Can't get those anymore from what I understand. (Don't pull the doors closed using the straps, use the handles)
- CRAPPY original paint.
- 200R4 transmission leaves a lot to be desired.
- Power antenna tends to wear out quickly requiring it's replacement.
- Rear main seal of the 3.8 Litre engine usually leaks oil.
- Every cop in town runs the license plate to check it as a stolen vehicle.

One positive GN feature that hasn't been mentioned yet is the trunk size. I had a Typhoon which was nice, the TTA doesn't compare.

I would have to agree with the above reasons.

But for me

#1 is it is quiet ( A NICE SILENT KILLER)
#2 Good GAS milage ( means Alot now that gas is UP UP & UP)

I do have 1 dislike.

I think the BLACK is too flashy for me.
I would prefer a colored TR with bumpers if I could do it over again I would go this route.

The turbo V-6 is a incredible motor and I like the boxy body of the Regal.

There is just something about that turbo whine that brings a smile to my face.:D

I bought my T-type for less than it was going to cost to make my mustang run low 12's. At the time I knew it was easy to make a turbo regal fast. I just didn't realize how easy it was.

What I would give to go back to 1986 with what I know now. I definately wouldn't have wasted 9 years driving mustangs. :)

Originally posted by UNGN
What I would give to go back to 1986 with what I know now. I definately wouldn't have wasted 9 years driving mustangs. :)
That quote is priceless!! Almost feel like posting a link to it on the Mustang board :D

Not a common car, catches everyones eye.
It looks BAD ASS and has the power to back that up.
Owned it simce it was a baby.
Made a lot of SS 396's and Rustangs LOOK BAD even when it was stock when I first got it.
Like every one said, it turns heads.
It's got it's bad points, but I think the GOOD far out number the bad.
I enjoy wrenching on it even though I sometimes donate more blood than I should.

And thanks to you guys, I'm learning more about it all the time.

I'm running out of ink, so I'll stop now.

Wish the DAMN weather would get better so I can drive it again.
Tarey D. :cool:

I like my Limited because it is a sleeper and most important it is paid for.