Why do BMW 5 series want to race me?

I'm talking about from a roll. Only problem with my m5 is that it can't hook up. To get a regal to run 10s you would have to have some serious work.

I love my 87 GN but you guys are really out of touch with these newer cars. I own a 06 M5 its scary fast! I’m sure i can smoke more than 90% of the turbo regals out there! If you still doubt these newer cars pull next to a Nissan GTR. It would take a full blown race regal to stay with one of those. You guys really need to watch Youtube. Again i love my GN and would never bash them.
Many are out of touch with newer high $ cars. I do enjoy playing with these cars in a straight line occasionally. A very low 10 sec or better TR will prevail more than 99% of the time even from a roll. If your car is trapping 125mph or slower id think twice about racing any of these cars unless it's from a stop and your car is setup to work well on the street because they will walk away really fast. Anyone who thinks their stock longblock has any chance in hell against these types of cars needs to get out there and see for themself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Its funny loose a race in a Buick big deal u just beat s little 6 cy wahoo for you!! But win this little 6 bust your 40 50 60 k cars ass ha ha. Who's crying all the way home to mom!! Either way u can't compare apples and oranges. Give me 40k to build mine and u go spend 40k at the dealer see who wins better yet u spend 40 and I spend 20k and I still will see u in the rear.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I love turbo Buicks. They ruled the streets in the 80s and 90s even the 2000s but let's be real you can buy a brand new mustang from the dealer running 11s. You guys sound like the old muscle cars guys when the turbo regals first came out. NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT GUYS! Really? Are we getting old now? Look at what you guys are saying now. Lmao!

That's why I doing mine I got 2 races I want . 10ss modded run 6.20s and about 50k + invested and a 10 or 11 gt500 modded runs 6.40s modded 60k. Mine 20 k we will see...

55k and all u get is 662 HP come on not much bang for the buck there. But shure school kids will drool all over. I myself just don't see it.

You remind me of the old guy at the local strip with his 454 big block getting smoked by the little turbo 6cyl in 1989!

And the little 6 still will with my big 3/4 cam

1987 GNX was around 28k with 275 hp. 2015 GT500 55k sounds about right. Double the hp double the price.

Thats why all I have got is a 6,500 Buick with about 18-20k invested total that should go low to mid 9s

But I'm not saying it would not be nice to through money around like that. I bought my wife a new camery 2 week s ago first new car ever bought. But she likes. But look at prices new Tahoe 70 k for bunch of plastic rubber GPS and a butt warmer crazy I think. But if you have it to spend that's OK to. I work on 250k to 500k houses on wheels everyday. I just don't see it in my eyes.

I look at it this way. Generally, these newer cars can be/are faster but it takes a decent driver. Arguably, individuals buying these new "muscle cars" are not decent drivers and can barely handle the power and yet had the money to buy err uh, likely financed these cars. They have to rely on traction control to win, which handicaps the cars capability to some degree. If they don't use traction control, they 're all over the place and barely moving forward. Arguably, 90% of matches on the street are on a straight line. So, in most cases a reasonably set up GN/TR will be driven by a moderately experienced driver. People who drive these new expensive cars don't care about how much they won, but that they won even if you are 10 car length ahead and got off the hammer, they "fly by" to brake hard at the light. (ok so they got to the light first). I think its a mute point on who is quicker or who is faster on the street. A properly tuned $6k GN like mine will smack down 90% of current vehicles. imho. ...and there will always be someone quicker or faster. It is a matter of perception. Newer crowd = I win if I get to the light first no matter the actual beat down that occurred. Older crowd = I am pulling on you 'N' car lengths and still pulling clearly there is no point in slamming the brakes at the end. Just my opinion and perception.

I love my 87 GN but you guys are really out of touch with these newer cars. I own a 06 M5 its scary fast! I’m sure i can smoke more than 90% of the turbo regals out there! If you still doubt these newer cars pull next to a Nissan GTR. It would take a full blown race regal to stay with one of those. You guys really need to watch Youtube. Again i love my GN and would never bash them.

with the new turbo tech its not hard to have a 10 sec tr and daily drive it !

I love my 87 GN but you guys are really out of touch with these newer cars. I own a 06 M5 its scary fast!

What is scary fast to you? Problem is most guys don't realize that there is symmetry involved with the whole setup. Your going to put a two valve engine up against a four valve engine, then cam and gear the two valve engine appropriately and watch it pull away without having to over rev the engine. A fellow member of mine has been getting baselines with his setup, and this is a street driven car, I don't see any scary fast M5's even being a threat for him on the street, and he built it himself. Two valve SBC here, and what's scary about his setup is that his engine can take 7500-RPM, and he is not even near there yet...;