why are the 02 reading on the scanmaster low

ryanimpalass

when i bought the car the 02 readings was in the upper 700's at idle and going down to the upper 500's at wide open throttle now at idle there in the 300's and if i get on the gas just a little it will go in the 400's and when i let off the gas go to 500's and just bounce around to 200 or 300 its just doing some odd things can someone tell me whats going on and how to get it back to where it should be

thanks for some input i suppose to be going to the dyno to get a tune and i want to make sure things are right before i get there how many 02 sensors does these cars have 1 or 2

Stay away from Bosch O2's

The O2 reading on the scanmaster is normally suppossed to bounce around all over the place while driving. The only time you'll see it lock on.. is under wideopen throttle.

Again, you dont "dyno tune" these cars. Unless you like throwing money out the window. Or you have someone that can burn you a chip right there at the dyno. Few shops in the US have this capability.

Listen to razor, he knows what he's talking about.

Who specifically is doing your dyno tuning?????? Are they an expert at Turbo Regals????? They better be, or you're going to be throwing your money away. Leave the dyno tuning to the "dyno queens" boasting numbers that are meaningless.

Check the ground wires on the back side of the passenger side head when they are loose you get funny numbers like that.

Ok .. Thanks a bunch. Those are really inexpensive. Wonder how many hours they'll stand up to 110 octane leaded.

2. 3 tops. If you want to boost the octane, till you get an alky kit, use xylene or toulene. It doesnt screw with your sensors. mix for 30 or 40%, and be done with it.

Mine were just loose....o2's would start out fine, then gradually drop all the way to the 100-200 range until the car would start to surge at idle. Tightened the 4 grounds and problem fixed...:biggrin: ---Keith