Who's Trans Do You Have? (POLL)

WHO BUILT YOUR TRANS

• Total voters
80rs ,there is not much to be confused about.There are 4 parts that break in this trans.from a 12 second car to a 9 second car.The more power you make the more of a chance of breaking them,.Most of us here have the calibration end of the trans working our own way that doesnt result in a trans that slips as soon as it is thrown a beaten or is bolted to a powerful engine.I dont concern myself with who goes how fast and hasnt broken the parts because they break.If the car is going in the 11s the drum is the first thing to go usually before the other 3 items.For this reason we build the stage 1 standard with a billet drum.If a trans cost more than the other and doesnt include a billet drum,obviously the wiser choice is the with the drum.If a trans is run in a car befroe it is shipped to guarantee it works and another is not you are always taking a chance on the 1 that hasnt been run when you install it .If I offer a full billet unit for 1999 shipped and it has all of the parts that are in danger of failing because of poor material quality from the factory than it certainly is a good deal.At least you can be sure a broken part wont leave you stuck on the side of the road or the starting line.Iam not here to force anyone to buy from me .If you are confused ask questions regarding these things and others.Also there is warrantee.This can be viewed on my sight.If anyone thinks they can get away without honoring a warrantee on a forum where things are out in public view they are nuts.

2000 is an insane deal. I am not sure of another builder mentioned here that would build one ALL billet for this price
Now I have to drop my price,thanks Chris!;)

I build my own 400 trans, because im an old retiree and dont have any money,
i have got lots of help from builders and other people on this board,
to them i say thank you,
oc,

I build my own and for a few locals. I use parts from CK (thanks Chris) and have used parts from Lonni/Century/PTS as well.

Chris, that is what i like to hear. however, i want a trans that lives behind a 400hp 450tq 383 but does not shift so hard that it breaks u joints or causes dome lights and rear-view mirrors to fall off. I guess i am kinda gun-shy because that is how my last trans was

80rs,I have the trans you need.Stage 1 2004r is good for 500 plus hp.I have a CZ 2004r in car tested .This is a MONTE CARLO SS trans.shifts @ 5400 wot .BILLET SERVO ,BILLET FORWARD DRUM,BRAND NEW GM PUMP,555 BOOST VALVE ,ALTO WIDE BAND,BILLET ANCHOR PIN,SUMP XTENDER WITH BOTTOM FEED FILTER ETC.Perfect for your application.$1399.00 shipped.1 year warrantee etc.Give me a call and we can work out the details.Im in the shop.631 218 1989.

You can have freakin billet crank and if you dont set the bearings up right ..aint gonna last..no different on the trans

Having billet is needed in a few areas IMO as mentioned before in this thread but more to it than that and getting the directs and other frictions to last is key for longevity. ...repeat longevity.

Some peoples mouth writes checks thier Azz cant cash.

AC Delco:wink:

This is true mine lasted 94 k miles in the low 12s with just a Art Carr VB kit before the 2-3 started to slide.
When I pulled it down the band, low/reverse and 4th gear frictions looked surprisingly good. Directs and one of the sprags were about to die though.

Michael's Transmission here in NJ as mentioned by 87GRANNY and Murphster. Great guy..great trans.

Dave's transmissons are no joke,very deicated since the begining,have had no issues what so ever.There is no one I know that is as great of a person,and always stands by your side,no matter what problems you are having with your trans,I'am very proud to have met him,Thank's so much:cool:

A local
AUTOPITAL TRANSMISSIONS
Montreal, Quebec
For me he is one of the best in Canada for all out Racing transmissions

The gentleman that builds my transmissions is Gerald Anderson. He's the best in Ontario...and local to me.

Ck performance

turbo 400 with transbrake reverse valvebody excellent trans and customer service good guy to deal with.:)

Eric Schertz (Dynotech R.I.P.) built my 200-4R and I've never had a single problem with it since...

Claude. :wink: