Who's Trans Do You Have? (POLL)

WHO BUILT YOUR TRANS

• Total voters
Janis here

our GN's always had Janis built 200's & my 8 sec. firebird has a Janis built th350. :wink:

Rossler TH400 in the White T. The 2004R in the GN was done by Dynotech (Eric Shertz) and freshened by Mikes transmission in NJ.

Ck performance

I bought a CK tranny three years ago right off the shelf. All billet internals,still shifts super hard like the day I installed it.:D

We've use CK Performance transmissions in all of our builds. Most of the cars are 1000+hp full weight street/strip cars. We've bought quite a few units from them over the years.....no issues, very satisfied.

" Hi-Pro build done by Eric Shirtz (Dynotech)...Hands down a true legend in trans building and honored to have a built trans by him....We miss you brotha..... "

DITTO!!!!!

Got the street strip in the GN about 20K miles and a few 11 second passes, and the HI-PRO in salvageV6 the WE4, with about 55K miles on it and a few 11 second passes.

Both daily driven cars with PTS shallow pans on them.

ck performance

Got HIS STAGE 1 TH400 IN MINE FROM CHRIS , GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE , IF I EVER NEED ANYTHING HE IS ALWAYS THERE FOR ME .COULDNT BE HAPPIER , WILL BE BE BUILDING MY 8 SECOND TH400 FOR MY NEW 8.50 CHASSIS CAR DOWN THE ROAD , THANKS AGAIN CHRIS AND HIS WIFE AS WELL,WHO ALWAYS TAKES CARE OF ME IF I NEED CHRIS .

Got HIS STAGE 1 TH400 IN MINE FROM CHRIS , GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE , IF I EVER NEED ANYTHING HE IS ALWAYS THERE FOR ME .COULDNT BE HAPPIER , WILL BE BE BUILDING MY 8 SECOND TH400 FOR MY NEW 8.50 CHASSIS CAR DOWN THE ROAD , THANKS AGAIN CHRIS AND HIS WIFE AS WELL,WHO ALWAYS TAKES CARE OF ME IF I NEED CHRIS .

Easy on the caps there.

who's tranny

My 2004r,th400 and carlos rosas 2004r built by me...I support venders on here and keep up with their tech advice...If I need something I feel comfortable with getting it from anyone of them..great guys to deal with...:)

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK GUYS,MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

I am not the type to black ball any builder so i will not list the name of the company... Last year i purchased a 200-4r from a builder who is a nice guy and has an excellent rep with another GM trans .. Totally my fault.. I should have came and purchased one from a vendor here. After 500 miles, several phone calls and parts thrown at it, it is about to bite the dust... I have been following this thread really close because in the next couple of months i will be in the market for a 200 4r in my 1980 camaro and all i can say is damn, i am so confused on who to choose

Tell me about it. I have been confused for the last few weeks trying to figure out who I want to build me a trans.

80rs ,there is not much to be confused about.There are 4 parts that break in this trans.from a 12 second car to a 9 second car.The more power you make the more of a chance of breaking them,.Most of us here have the calibration end of the trans working our own way that doesnt result in a trans that slips as soon as it is thrown a beaten or is bolted to a powerful engine.I dont concern myself with who goes how fast and hasnt broken the parts because they break.If the car is going in the 11s the drum is the first thing to go usually before the other 3 items.For this reason we build the stage 1 standard with a billet drum.If a trans cost more than the other and doesnt include a billet drum,obviously the wiser choice is the with the drum.If a trans is run in a car befroe it is shipped to guarantee it works and another is not you are always taking a chance on the 1 that hasnt been run when you install it .If I offer a full billet unit for 1999 shipped and it has all of the parts that are in danger of failing because of poor material quality from the factory than it certainly is a good deal.At least you can be sure a broken part wont leave you stuck on the side of the road or the starting line.Iam not here to force anyone to buy from me .If you are confused ask questions regarding these things and others.Also there is warrantee.This can be viewed on my sight.If anyone thinks they can get away without honoring a warrantee on a forum where things are out in public view they are nuts.