who's running TAI in Bowling Green 2009?

Last year the times ranged from 10.50's to 12.xx. JD won with an 11.2x I think.

Clay sorry you have to have a 109 block. :biggrin:

No Turbo restriction? That will raise a problem sooner or later. It's supposed to be kinda a street car class isn't it? I really dont know?

I say no cage but at the speeds im sure some cars will be running this year that wont work for some.

No Turbo restriction? That will raise a problem sooner or later. It's supposed to be kinda a street car class isn't it? I really dont know?

I say no cage but at the speeds im sure some cars will be running this year that wont work for some.

Turbo is limited to 75 MM

To me.. if someone wants to put a 106MM on a 109 block.. can spool it... cranks the boost to the moon.. and runs it on pump gas.. more power to them. But hey.. i'm just trying to encourage :D

And the only problem the class really has is participation. We'll get 20+ say they'll show up and only 9 get there. Last year it was a low 11 second car that won.

As far as your cage, its between you and Beech Bend Raceway. If they allow it.. i'm not the one not going to let you run.

Whelp, I'll be there.... So at this point I'm the money cause we only have 3 people right?? :)

read throw the thread,looks closer to 10 have said yes and I think 2 maybe's.

Yes it was a 11.20@118 car ran very consistant last year,hope to better this year.

thanks JD

So the answer is YES you guys are scared of the production 4.1 block cars......as well you should be.:cool: You do know that GNs came with 4.1s OEM right?

So the answer is YES you guys are scared of the production 4.1 block cars......as well you should be.:cool: You do know that GNs came with 4.1s OEM right?

Yea...well run it like it came from the factory with a carb in an 82 an no turbo :p

I say let's let the 4.1 run. Car count is what matters. Clay will be in BG, he's no woulda coulda shoulda.

I say let's let the 4.1 run. Car count is what matters. Clay will be in BG, he's no woulda coulda shoulda.

Let the 4.1 run & I wanna stage deep or put 400lbs of weight in your cars so everyone's 4k lbs min! :)

Besides, Clay don't race..he just eats and drinks all day!

Let the 4.1 run & I wanna stage deep or put 400lbs of weight in your cars so everyone's 4k lbs min! :)

Besides, Clay don't race..he just eats and drinks all day!

OMG I can't stop laughing. 4k lbs minimum. You need a parachute to help slow that fat pig down.:p
Seriously though don't handicap us because your frame rails are filled with lead.:D

As far as eating and drinking all day YOU are absolutely right on with that one partner.:cool: I hope I draw you. I'm gonna shotgun a beer at the line and tree your ass.:biggrin:

Sittings at Fridays and almost spit my beer out laughing. So! You bringing some phantom car to race?

Hey I'm going fast in style bro!

Sittings at Fridays and almost spit my beer out laughing. So! You bringing some phantom car to race?

Hey I'm going fast in style bro!

LOL. I'm bringing 'Nasty Wendy'. Glass hood, glass bumpers, aluminum bumper mounts, no reinforcements.......yeah 400lbs might not be enough in my trunk to even it out.:biggrin:

Are these the most current rules for TAI???

These are the only rules I have found...what is different now? It sounds like it is now Regals only, no nitrous/propane allowed, alchohol only for injection, and is there a DOT tire requirement or not?

Rules for TAI 2008.

Class is for the Turbo Regal or 1989 Turbo Trans Am
vehicles (No Hybrids).

1) Car must run 93 octane through its main fuel
injectors. 10 gallons of fuel must fit into gas tank
day of race at the host gas station.

2) Car must weigh 3450 with driver iron heads or 3550
with driver aluminum heads.

3) Any tire combination allowed up to a 29x10 size.

4) Car must be registered and insured as it will need
to be driven to the host gas station for fill-up.

5) Turbo size limit is 75MM.

6) Block must be a production 109 block.

7) Safety equipment must meet the cars intended
performance level as set by the NHRA.

8) Any liquid can be used for the injection.

9) Nitrous and propane are allowed.

10) No switchable fuel systems will be allowed.

Format day of race.

Participants will run 2 qualifying runs. The fastest 8
participants will be part of the "Quick 8" program.
The Quick 8 will be then run on a protree format.

Those racers not meeting the eligibilty of the Quick 8
will run a consistancy program. Meaning they take the
2 qualifying runs, run 2 more rounds and the score
will be the difference bewteen the fastest and slowest
run. The vehicle will the least deviation on the 4
runs will be named the winner. In the case of a tie,
reaction times will be used to designate a winner.

Peer tech and fill up will be done at a host gas
station Friday May16th in the AM. Weight will be
checked after every round.

These are the only rules I have found...what is different now? It sounds like it is now Regals only, no nitrous/propane allowed, alchohol only for injection, and is there a DOT tire requirement or not?

Rule number 9= nitrous AND propane are ALLOWED

Unless there is a problem with the other peers, weight is the issue. vehicle must meet minimum weight. Meet minimum fuel requirement.. TTA's have always been allowed.

DOT tire.. you must drive from host gas station to track, if you want to do this on slicks.. its your call. Its not like a set of slicks dont fit in the trunk or back seat of a Regal. For safety, I prefer slicks at the track.. thats just me.. plus it makes it more competitive.

If you have a "Yellow Submarine" with four wheels, a 109 block, and meet all the other criteria.. post it up.. and you'll get the ok from your Peers which are posting here.

Dont show up Friday morning at the host gas station in your "Yellow Submarine" and not expect "drama". This is a class made for Turbo regals and Turbo Trans Am's. We need car count.. but dont need suprises. If you want to stay down low.. run the "Yellow Submarine" in the hybrid class they already have.

How can I be more politically correct? :redface: